double up flat?

I have a customer who insisted I use 35% on their dealership. I recommended 15. Now they aren't happy and want it darker. Of course they don't want to pay for removal.

Has anyone layered cdf? I told them I have no interest in doing that and there will be no warranty.....I'm just looking for a little input.

I have doubled film in the past.. As a last resort. Use a PS on the second layer and it will stick. It sticking has nothing to do with all the other bad things that could occur afterward.

I knew it would stick, just curious as to what May happen down the road a few years.

Delamination, adhesive failure, thermal fracture.... the list goes on. Lots of variables to consider.

Make sure they sign a warranty/liability waiver; you don't want that coming back to bite you.

I knew it would stick, just curious as to what May happen down the road a few years.

A lot worse than paying for removal.....

And when it does they'll have to remove it anyway. Point this with a long stick and poke until they get it. Take pictures of the job done. Really you want to sell them a removal. As shit as it is its the better option. Don't do the cheap removal either make them pay for it its their mistake.

All else fails just do it but get them to sign something and don't limit the potential hazards to what you put in writing

How long has it been up? If it's only been like a day... it might not be that hard to remove, and honestly, if the job is big enough, I might just eat it.

Now.. if it's been a week or more.. then they should have to pay for SOMETHING. Bump the price up... darker film = more $$.. just include removal. :shrugs:

Archived