Pulling door panels or leave it on??

Just wondering how many of our fellow tinters prefer pulling the panel rather than leaving it on and tucking? I have always left it on there but started working with a buddy who pulls every panel? How about speed? Breaking parts? I wanna hear everyone's input!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neaver pull .

Doesn't mean that you should not

t but I don't.

In 26 yrs haven't pulled one myself.

You haven't pulled off in 26 years? I feel your pain brother..

I just make sure that I have access to tuck the film down past the trim on every car. Be it removing the trim or if the top of the panel can be pulled back without causing potential damage that is what I will do.

In most cases I find that it takes less time in the long run, and most importantly I have found that I can get the film right past the seals and get better results.

Quality is everything.

I started pulling panels probably 10 yrs ago, and now I pull anything that I cant remove the bottom seal by just pulling back the top of the panel.

I find it way faster and that I get a cleaner job.  I do keep a supply of several types of clips in stock just in case.  Some of the mannys use the cheap clips that you are bound to break at least one when you pull the panel (I'm lookin at you new Mazda 3 :evileye )

I started pulling panels probably 10 yrs ago, and now I pull anything that I cant remove the bottom seal by just pulling back the top of the panel.

I find it way faster and that I get a cleaner job.  I do keep a supply of several types of clips in stock just in case.  Some of the mannys use the cheap clips that you are bound to break at least one when you pull the panel (I'm lookin at you new Mazda 3 :evileye )

Archived