Pulling door panels or leave it on??

No way someone that doesn't pull panels is going to get cleaner installs than someone that does day in and day out.

You want to put some money on that?

With you on that Master!!! I used to pull everything but developed techniques to insure a clean install. I'll take that bet  :lol

Its simple mathematics. You have 2 obstructions on both sides, or you have 3, both sides and bottom. Odds my fellow tinters. 

Not saying you can't tint great with panels on, just odds are in your favor with them off  :thumb

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintguy93

Honestly it just depends on your personal preference. Ive been tinting for several years now and do very hq work and can complete a car on average in 2 hours solo without pulling, ive never have. But ive seen guys who all they do is pull panels do a car in the same amount of time and same hq as myself. The only reason we dont in out shop is because we dont know how for the most part and dont want to take chances of pulling and braking clips and then having to replace parts, no fun.

Still being a noob. I've tried both methods on the same vehicle a time or two. Pull one side, tuck the other.

Pulling the panels helps make it easier and cleaner, for me anyway.

I'm still learning the differences between makes and models. Pulling seals without having to remove the panels is nice when possible.

Howdy Lock-meister! :D

I've been in hibernation for the winter.

Still doing IT work full-time, plus some. :facepalm2

:waving

Glad to see you're hard at work and still making time to stick some tint. Hope the home life is going well :thumb2

I pull all my panels. I have a buddy that works at a body shop and has alldata so whenever I get one I'm iffy on I'll give him a shout. Make sure you have a nice set of panel tools. Once you start pulling them they get easier and easier. Nuts and bolts it all comes apart somehow. I'll even pull some quarter glasses just to make my life easier lol.

I pull all my panels. I have a buddy that works at a body shop and has alldata so whenever I get one I'm iffy on I'll give him a shout. Make sure you have a nice set of panel tools. Once you start pulling them they get easier and easier. Nuts and bolts it all comes apart somehow. I'll even pull some quarter glasses just to make my life easier lol.

where does he get the data on all the panels placements for screws and clips?

Archived