Thoughts on PremiumShield and Clearsheild

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recommend DuraShield.

Call PPF Depot, they are very knowledgable and are willing to bend over backwards to supply films to us.

PremiumShield is not up to speed with technologies and have 4/5 generations of Elite.

They are new to market, very aggressive pricing but...not very experienced.

Thank you for those kind words Silverbullet. stick to the facts instead of putting false statements out there. I would recommend contacting either manufacturer. Get a sample and try working with the film. I believe there was a distributor out there a little over a week ago. I can send you his contact info so you can connect. Any person can throw false information out there to push you in one direction, but I would get as much info as possible so you can make the best decision for you as a company. 

I have been using premium shield for the last 2 years. I haven't seen the yellowing and have done quite a few white cars. I like the new elite v2 except the adhesive is really strong, if you have debris or bubble that you need to get out you will usually stretch the film which causes a milky area that wont go away, thus needing replacement which sucks. the top-coat is awesome. it is stiffer than the standard.

silverbullet: what fell short of your expectations and what film are you using now? has anyone used the durashield flex with the top coat? I had issues with durashield lifting in tight areas but it was nice to work with also without a topcoat it tended to stain and loss gloss after a few years, using duraglaze helped, but clients don't always take the best care of their cars.

I've used clearshield for years and have never had any warranties. I installed it on our 07 camry in 09 after removing 3M because it yellowed and stained after 1.5yrs. The new Clearshield is super pliable, don't need a steamer and the clarity is almost the same as the Xpel ultimate. And it comes with a 7 year warranty. Call your nearest dealer for a sample. If you're in the southwest call Sunbelt Distribution in Houston, I've been dealing with them for 15 years, and never let me down.

Archived