Thoughts on PremiumShield and Clearsheild

I've used clearshield for years and have never had any warranties. I installed it on our 07 camry in 09 after removing 3M because it yellowed and stained after 1.5yrs. The new Clearshield is super pliable, don't need a steamer and the clarity is almost the same as the Xpel ultimate. And it comes with a 7 year warranty. Call your nearest dealer for a sample. If you're in the southwest call Sunbelt Distribution in Houston, I've been dealing with them for 15 years, and never let me down.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes for us there have been several inconsistencies on what seems to be a run by run basis but...XPEL Ultimate, 3M Pro and Suntek are performing pretty well.

However, DuraShield Titan I have been using lately and I must say the product is stellar! Availability is tight so I am sourcing multiple options.

DuraShield Flex like several films on the market you are right does not have the top coat that some of the companies that have been able to produce, DuraShield Titan does have a clear coat that is stronger than most I have used. I have been mixing and matching films with low skirt areas and body shop options we use Flex or XTREME and Titan for fenders and full hoods...except when and if a customer request something else we source and apply.

silverbullet: what fell short of your expectations and what film are you using now? has anyone used the durashield flex with the top coat? I had issues with durashield lifting in tight areas but it was nice to work with also without a topcoat it tended to stain and loss gloss after a few years, using duraglaze helped, but clients don't always take the best care of their cars.

Archived