Thoughts on PremiumShield and Clearsheild

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know nothing about PremiumShield but I have the rep knocking on my door and wanting to meet next week. Did the usual sales pitch and said that Xpel was the best and the benchmark until now and how amazing it is that things just wipe off lol.

Not sure what the range is but is Premiumshield Elite the same, this guy here raves on about it - http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php/topic/79156-new-premiumshield-elite-topcoat/ However he likes to make it clear it isn't a sales pitch yet it was his first and so far his only post so its a bit hard to believe that..... :D

No problem James. Rob Gold should be contacting you to stop on by with some film to try. He is based in the Denver area and can certainly set up a time when you are available to try the film. PM me your new contact info and I'll send it over to him. Good to hear you've come along way since the last time we met. 

At the end of the day guys, everyone has an opinion. The saying goes, opinions are like A-holes. Everyone has them. So without trying it out first hand yourself, than you are just making a judgment call based on someone else's opinion. And everyone, or at least mostly everyone on here is a business owner and if you made your decisions based on someone else's opinion instead of your own based on fact, than your business probably isn't being run too well. We want people to try our film. Do you think Xpel Ultimate was an overnight success? Hell no! I used to sell it when I was just a film distributor. Installers wanted to see how long it would last, it was more expensive than the other films out there, it was a new film and people didn't trust something new when they had gotten burned by companies like Ricochet, AKA richoshit. But slowly it grew popularity and now it's considered one of the top brands of TC material on the market. 

As far as the benchmark, Avery set that several years ago when they came out with the first version of Nano-Fusion. It was light years ahead of any technology for top coats and really changed the opinions for installers on what to expect from a top coated film. But, sadly those days have come and gone and that division was sold to CCL for a reason. Companies like Xpel, Suntek, and ourselves as PremiumShield have worked on making a TC material that is just as easy to work with as that first version of Nano. 

I don't bash any films as all of them have certain characteristics that the individual installer prefers which is what makes the US market so unique and developed. Gone are the days of only 3-4 options of PPF brands. With that being said, I welcome anyone to try some of our PremiumShield Elite. We are proud of the performance of it and it took us almost a year to finally make sure we can make it right. We changed it because our first version was not up to the level of standards it needed to be and therefore we stopped making it to produce what we have today. We welcome feedback as well since we are trying to make PPF for the installers by installers. We are constantly trying to make it better because that's what manufacturers should do. Again, if anyone wants to try some, PM me anytime and we'll make sure we set you up with something to try. 

Gonna meet Rob next Thursday. I will be putting this on my dad's work car. A white 2014 Kia Forte. I honestly want this to be a great film. I love having choices and giving my customers options. I will be wrapping the edges also to test the adhesive strength. I have been doing all brand new cars and wrapping the edges has been a growing request for me.

Do you have 60" in the new film?

It is interesting to read about a lot of the PPF materials Yellowing quickly over-time. One of the problems is the material being used to manufacture it. Most of these are made so you can stretch it without heating it but the drawback is that it yellows. This PPF material ( http://www.carwrapsupplier.com/product/armour-paint-protection-film-ppf/ ) will not yellow but you need to heat it in order to stretch it and conform it to curved areas and complex shapes. For the price, it is definitely worth a try... 

What I found interesting when doing the course with one of the best (wont say the best as everyone has their own views who the best is!) and they were actually straight up about the yellowing of PPF, they were straight up about never saying that their film will not yellow and any company that tells you their film doesn't yellow is taking you for a ride.

Im sure the guys that have been in the industry and know the ins and outs can correct me (has been some months since doing the course) but the yellowing is caused by impurities finding their way into the PPF over time, Diesel smoke, stuff they use on the road for snow, other fumes and gases etc. This is why it is crucial to clean it regular and keep it sealed with the sealers available.

Maybe the difference between the films is that some have better yellowing fighting goodies in it, but the above did make sense when it was mentioned..... in fact straight from their website ' With its very low surface energy, --- XXXXXX sheds contaminants that would otherwise stain or yellow conventional films.'

The link you have show is a clear vinyl and as you have mentioned a different material (PVC Vs Polyurethane), PVC is thinner and therefore less durable. Vinyl however is pretty durable and I am yet to see a scratch or even a rock that has gone through it to do any damage so I have always been keen to see a Clear Vinyl, however I would imagine the end finish wouldn't be as nice as  your Xpel, Suntek PPF etc....

Would imagine if it was easy to make a clear conformable high quality PVC Avery, 3M etc would add a clear vinyl to their vehicle wrap range........

Archived