A definition of dyed window film?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, a little less generic please. Hahaha. It might sound strange, but you can get great definitions of vacuum deposition, sputtering, ceramics, laminates, etc., but I can not find a concise definition in regards to dyed window films. 

From my knowledge that may not be worth a chit, most films that are dyed contain a blue, red and yellow dye giving it the charcoal or smoke look. Some films contain the dye in the polyester while some others may have it in the adhesive. The process in which the dye is injected I have not enough clue to state. Maybe Howard or Smartie will chime in and give you a better explanation.   

There's a lot misinformation out there that dyes films don't last long at all. That's true with non color stable dye, but not with color stable, which is much better. I've had EWF Classic black on my car for three years with zero color change.

I tried finding a post I saw a few days ago of Howard at EWF explaining the differences, but couldn't find. Though, I do remember he mentioned that Deep Dyed is the good stuff.

Archived