Last One To Post Wins Game #423

9 to 5

For TintDude or installs? :lol
Lol, see that's what I'm saying. I sit on my azz most of the day with nothing to do, then at 3:00 the phones start to ringing and the people get to bringing around 4 4:30. It's so darn frustrating dealing with people who can't schedule

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:yawn  Done with the rain for a little while.  It can stop now   :facepalm

Oh,  Morning everyone   :coffee    :evileye  Uh Oh,  Mike was first this morning Booms   :poke

I could see not minding sunstrips as much if they were pre/plotter cut. Do you use a plotter or handcut?

I hand cut all of mine and that Sprinter van the other day   :shoot1  if you get my drift   :blink

Never had to do a strip on one of them.....thankfully. Conversion van last year got me, standing on the tire when my foot slipped. On the way down I caught the antenna with my neck then hit the floor flat on my back. Talk about :mad

9 to 5

For TintDude or installs? :lol
Lol, see that's what I'm saying. I sit on my azz most of the day with nothing to do, then at 3:00 the phones start to ringing and the people get to bringing around 4 4:30. It's so darn frustrating dealing with people who can't schedule

:yawn  Done with the rain for a little while.  It can stop now   :facepalm

Oh,  Morning everyone   :coffee    :evileye  Uh Oh,  Mike was first this morning Booms   :poke

I could see not minding sunstrips as much if they were pre/plotter cut. Do you use a plotter or handcut?

I hand cut all of mine and that Sprinter van the other day   :shoot1  if you get my drift   :blink

Never had to do a strip on one of them.....thankfully. Conversion van last year got me, standing on the tire when my foot slipped. On the way down I caught the antenna with my neck then hit the floor flat on my back. Talk about :mad

Ever try cutting them on the inside? Some windshields have enough clearance around the trim to cut them almost like doing flat glass. 

I've never owned a shop, worked for others for about 25 years and transitioned into full time here.

Gotcha :thumb   

:chin   Customer service sucks..... I bet this does too sometimes   :deadhorse

I hate doing them too, the plotter ones kinda suck too. Either it's too long or the mount cutout is way off or that particular windshield isn't in the system yet. I rather cut them by hand when I do them, so I know it fits without wasting film. I usually use the bottom off the back window and use the factory edge.

For some reason everyone wants their windows tinted at 4:30 in the afternoon. I ended up doing three cars that came in at 4:30 yesterday, and to top it off they came in this order 1) 1998 Lexus ES350, 2) 2012 Durango whole truck, 3) 2007 Bmw 7 series.

funny,  looks like the Lexus was probably the toughest one.  Good job  :thumb  saw the pics  

For some reason everyone wants their windows tinted at 4:30 in the afternoon. I ended up doing three cars that came in at 4:30 yesterday, and to top it off they came in this order 1) 1998 Lexus ES350, 2) 2012 Durango whole truck, 3) 2007 Bmw 7 series.

funny, looks like the Lexus was probably the toughest one. Good job :thumb saw the pics
Thanks, actually the BMW was more of a pain, only because I double cut it and had it just a bit long on the bottom so tucking it was a little tricky without creasing it. Plus my hand still isn't 100%

Archived