How long before Blue Max is replaced?

How often is the blue max replaced? After how many cars? I had a 2010 mustang and doing the passenger side I ripped the tint. So after that I used a turbo for initial removal and a hard card wrapped with a cloth. But now the customer has clear water bubbles. They should go away in 3-5 days in the sun but should the blue max be replaced? I love how the blue max pulls the solution out but this time it pulled the film. Any suggestions?

Take a look...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wear and tear not withstanding, careful use of any tool will allow you to use it for years. If you feel it is not performing to your satisfaction go get another or 3 so you will have one on hand when the time comes.

Small price to pay for consistent results in your work.

When I installed daily I would ,with the exception of the black rubber cleaning squeegee tune my slip removal tools up with 600 grit sandpaper before they would touch film and immediately if I saw a line of slip left behind due to a nick in the tool.

I only did flat glass and walls. As an auto tint guy your mileage will be different.

I am unsure how you would "rip" a piece of film with a blue max. Sounds like you had something like a piece of metal caught in the squeegee or you have some really cheap film that can be torn by a piece of urethane.

The edge will get dull on hard squeegees such as the blue max.  When you notice the slip is not getting out good then replace or sharpen. 

How often depends on how you use it and how much you tint.  I personally replace my power squeegee every couple months with a couple times sharpening in between too.

If you hit dry glass, dry film, or esp the black frit edge of glass then the blade will wear faster too.

Keep it wet and stay away from anything but film with your blue max and it will last a lot longer.

I try to take care of mine.......it lasted for a while and you could see that the edges were getting more rounded with more use.......

I had more of a problem with losing the blue max and fusion 5 handle that I use together......they are both dark colored and blend in perfectly with all these Honda dark charcoal interiors.

so I am going to add a small strip of fluorescent tape to the handle........

this is the second time I lost it......so now the tape comes out lol

Archived