How long before Blue Max is replaced?

If you can see the edge wear it is far beyond dull. I check my edge with my finger tip often. Sharpen when needed and replace if need.

How often depends on how much tint you do, how often you hit the edge of windows when it is black or even clear glass. Also if you hit a dry film or use then for cleaning they will die sooner.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the easiest way to sharpen a blue max or say yellow turbo? I've tried a ruler and blade, sand paper, etc... I'm usually too lazy and they're not that much anyway so just toss them when I'm not thrilled with them. But... a dollar saved...

Buy a roll of teflon-coated tape and wrap the edge, it'll last then. Coating on the tape wears out but instead of ripping it off and putting another strip on, simply adjust the tape position to utilize as much of its surface area as possible. Then replace the strip with a fresh piece. 

i stepped away from the blue max, i use the standard squeegee setup with the harder blue replacement blades. Black obviously for cleaning, blue for the moisture removal. I replace the blue blade once every few months, but regularly take the blades out to clean my channels anyway. I use this setup for both auto and flatglass, only time you need to be on top of it is for rear windows, since the steel channel of the squeegee doesn't allow the blue blade to conform to the curve of the glass as well as the blue max, so i use a bit more force with the rears, sometimes go over it with the gold card if needed.

Found this setup to remove vast amounts of moisture so just stuck with it

I still think I like the official Blue Max blade the most, but I really want a better handle than the Unger. Aren't there those Fusion ones or whatever? All plastic and smooth? I want one of those but where can I find one up north of the border?

I still think I like the official Blue Max blade the most, but I really want a better handle than the Unger. Aren't there those Fusion ones or whatever? All plastic and smooth? I want one of those but where can I find one up north of the border?

The fusion handles are plastic and you should be able to get them from the same supplier you get the blue max from. 

From popular opinion here TD I got a Bluemax to try for auto,,It doesn't leave plastic like the 3m blue,,but it doesn't fit real good the tight vertical edges?

Seems good for getting more of the water out,,,I tell people stop looking at the small water pockets,,its like watching paint dry,,lol when they call to inform me

post-40089-0-33783100-1442666911_thumb.j

Archived