How long before Blue Max is replaced?

How often is the blue max replaced? After how many cars? I had a 2010 mustang and doing the passenger side I ripped the tint. So after that I used a turbo for initial removal and a hard card wrapped with a cloth. But now the customer has clear water bubbles. They should go away in 3-5 days in the sun but should the blue max be replaced? I love how the blue max pulls the solution out but this time it pulled the film. Any suggestions?

Take a look...

Try a Flat Out blade instead. Same hardness as a blue max blade but lasts longer. 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How often is the blue max replaced? After how many cars? I had a 2010 mustang and doing the passenger side I ripped the tint. So after that I used a turbo for initial removal and a hard card wrapped with a cloth. But now the customer has clear water bubbles. They should go away in 3-5 days in the sun but should the blue max be replaced? I love how the blue max pulls the solution out but this time it pulled the film. Any suggestions?

Take a look...

Try a Flat Out blade instead. Same hardness as a blue max blade but lasts longer.

Unless the yellow is softer than they were then I would say they are harder than the blue max...

Take a look...

Try a Flat Out blade instead. Same hardness as a blue max blade but lasts longer.

Unless the yellow is softer than they were then I would say they are harder than the blue max...

The Flat Out is a new yellow blade that was released this year by Fusion Tint Tools. It is harder. :-)

prefer the softer white personally to conform to the thicker grids.  turbos and max's all get glazed after a while including bulldozers.  leave streaks of rubber or hard to push without a lot of slip.   a little scuff with some 220 grit to remove the glaze followed by a couple passes with 4 or 600 grit make them work better then new.  I always scuff new tools in case a small burr is present before use especially hard cards then you can slide them across windows even if they are dry

Sanding does round a squeegee. Sanding is fine for hard cards. Idea if a squeegee is to have a nice sharp blade. People have been asking how they sharpen theirs (is spend 8 buck every couple months) mine last for years. Sorry all you techies but I made a little 3 piece chicken dinner video on how I make mine last for years, because I don't know how to pause while making video.... here they are....looks like it only accepts a certain kind of file!!! Hate this shit. Let me ask my kids how to do this

2 hours ago, drtint4211 said:

Sanding does round a squeegee. Sanding is fine for hard cards. Idea if a squeegee is to have a nice sharp blade. People have been asking how they sharpen theirs (is spend 8 buck every couple months) mine last for years. Sorry all you techies but I made a little 3 piece chicken dinner video on how I make mine last for years, because I don't know how to pause while making video.... here they are....looks like it only accepts a certain kind of file!!! Hate this shit. Let me ask my kids how to do this

You have to upload videos to YouTube then share the link. 

Archived