Olfa blades dull as an English summer!

None of us need proof that Olfa blades have lost their "edge" quite literally. But, just to prove a point I fully stabbed my finger in a ruler based incident, whereas a few years ago this would have been a claret spewing incident, nothing! Not even a mark! I had to check if the Olfa blade was bleeding after it's rough treatment from my finger!

I hear people talk about the quality of olfa blades being terrible compared to what they use to be. This may be partially true but I think the bigger problem is the fact that newer vehicles seem to have softer glass compared to older ones.

I worked with a guy once doing some flat glass, and he handed me a replacement ss olfa blade  and it was horrible!
It was catching and tearing the film, So I snapped it off the edge and still the same thing, he said he just got them and thought they were a little off. I told him they were horrible! Compared my olfa blades they were very very dull. .  I ordered my pack from pack from 44tools.com about 7 months ago. . . SO i dont know if that is new stock or old stock, I'm presuming old, All I know is I dont want what that guy had.  .. . they were horrible. .

DO what Booms® does..... :lol

I have an different Olfa for different jobs. One stays in My pocket for ONLY cutting film. One stays at the plotter, and one stays in my tool bin for ONLY cleaning windows. The one that only cuts film DOES NOT do any other jobs...thus, the blade stays sharper longer. :cool

:idea  Now THATS a T.O.T.W.!   :spit

Archived