Olfa blades dull as an English summer!

Does anybody have any technical information on this issues , like as to why its happening it, Is Olfa aware of this, solutions to the situations?

It might be wise if I use the search feature:
I found this link on Tintdude
http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php/topic/74809-olfa-knives-not-as-sharp-as-they-used-to-be/

Ryker: 27 July 2013 - 11:43 AM
I also use the KDS standard hone blades....I think they are better than the olfa brand and they cost less too...

According to Ryker The Kds blades that cost almost half the price are the answer

I also found these links from Tint dude

http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partner-pub-6010966206687223:6345799400&ie=UTF-8&q=OLFA+BLADES+DULL&sa=Search+TintDude&ref=www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php/topic/81151-flexfilm-summer-raffle/page-87#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=OLFA%20BLADES%20DULL&gsc.page=1

my latest packs a little dull too. A few years ago there was different olfa blades on the market, same product but made in different factories.

i snapped my blade 4 or 5 times cutting a back window yesterday and it left some faint marks in a few spots

yeh the KDS blades sometimes snap like above, i only use them for flat glass and try and be careful when i snap them but i wont buy them again after this packs done

Olfas may be gettting duller but at least they snap without shattering..

Why I will not buy KDs again:

shatteredkds.jpg

Fox, according to your picture the blade is not extended to the indentation on the blade , I sometimes use a Triumph blade for my Filmhandler and use my needlenose to break it to the desired size. All the blades we use are brittle , try extending the blade a bit more and see what happens , not raggin ya, just thinking :thumb     

Could be the knife I use Red dot and have tried all blades trying to solve ------- one more problem we seem to be facing  It does look like your blade is 1 click from being on the indent.

Quite familiar with where the blade is SUPPOSED TO  snap .Never had an olfa blade break anywhere other than  on a snap line even if "half clicked".

"half clicked" Olfas break inside the knife but always on the snap line.

Please notice there are 3 broken pieces of the blade. The blade is  extended for the photo so you could see where the puzzle pieces fit.

I suppose I could have laid out the pieces in order. Too late now the pic is years old.

Just used a 50 pack of Olfa SS cutting a thousand pieces of 6 mill graffiti guard over a couple days. I cut this same order for the customer every other month and five, six years ago I had plenty of blades left after filling the job order...... Not anymore!

Anyone else notice the first tip always suck? I just break the first one off by habit anymore.

Olfla denies any changes in quality and insist raw materials are the same.....just saying BS

Cheers all

Stan

Quite familiar with where the blade is SUPPOSED TO  snap .Never had an olfa blade break anywhere other than  on a snap line even if "half clicked".

"half clicked" Olfas break inside the knife but always on the snap line.

Please notice there are 3 broken pieces of the blade. The blade is  extended for the photo so you could see where the puzzle pieces fit.

I suppose I could have laid out the pieces in order. Too late now the pic is years old.

Sorry dude, wasn't trying to encite , just going by the pics, I've had Olfas do the same thing , but the issue is "sharpness" or lack thereof. Quality's going down, price going up!

Archived