L.O.T.P. #489

My 2 oldest went full time last week. The youngster went Tuesday, Thursday and Friday for staggered start and did testing to see where she might have week spots. They now have her in a classroom to go to regularly for the rest of the school year. 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's awesome Ocala. It's those little moments that make it all worth while sometimes for me.

Thank you sir! Just think of what you get to deal with in the near future. I promise you though that you will love it. [emoji106] [emoji4]

Guy from the electric company came today.. I'm sitting at my desk and he knocks on my door. I get up and open the door - it's about 10 feet from my desk.. and he's walking back to his car. He literally knocked on my door and walked away.  :evileye

I asked if I could help him - he tells me who he was... and I'm like - and you were leaving????  :evileye  No no no.. I had to get something from my car. 

Right.... 

You'd think he was from the cable company...No one wants to do their jobs anymore..

They are so strict on those guys now about time spent here and there.  They watch them so closely if they spend too much time at one location, the bosses are calling wondering what's going on.  And don't let one of them get caught speeding on the GPS tracker.  :nono  They get fired quickly for that.  

People don't enjoy their jobs anymore.  Nobody had fun at work anymore.  :mellow:

I would hate to be micromanaged to that extent...  If people don't at least somewhat enjoy what they are doing, you aren't going to have a successful business, IMO. Or at least not as successful as it could be. 

The bigger a company gets, the more impersonal it gets.  It becomes a machine just cycling employees in and out.  If someone messes up they don't mind shoving them out the door, because there are 3 more drones ready to step in at the same pay.   

A friend brought me a water works truck from her shop, for me to tint.  She got on the interstate to bring it to me, and had to speed up at one point to beat traffic.   :drive

The boss showed at her desk the next day asking who the driver of that truck was at the time.  They had termination papers in their hand ready to fire that driver for speeding.  It's a bit ridiculous some of the "big brother" problems we have these days.   :facepalm2

Speeding or texting driver of a company van is pointed out in a call to the shop and  nothing is done then Management is gonna have some 'splainin to do.

Those GPS tracker tools have their place. As do phone numbers on the van.

Hey Billy a driver called in and said  you were brake checking him on the highway....

"Do you believe everything some pissed off commuter says ?" Says Billy .... I checked the log....Says here you were on the street he said you were at the time he said .....

"Do you really think I'm stupid enough to deliberately drive like an A$$hat with a company phone number 2 feet high on the side of the van?"

Check the log....Yes it shows you braked hard and accelerated multiple times in a short distance . Was there a psycho squirrel convention on that street?

Here are your termination papers GTFO

If a company is discovered not to have dealt with an employees "public" behavior there are huge image reprocussions.'

Remember a few months ago some employees were recognized hollering "EFF her right in the P 88$Y"on Live TV. Not even wearing company colours .

Terminated they were.

Archived