10 Things I Hate That Customers Do

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usually dont have a problem with people watching, but tecently had this guy watch on an r/r almost the entire time. Whats the point of mobile service if you cant relax since your watching the tinter the entire time??

Hey pj,

I have a barrier from customers entering the workshop, I have the signs, etc.. I have a waiting room. But.. It doesn't stop people from just walking through and taking a seat 2 ft from where I am working.

It usually starts with "You don't mind me watching you do this"... Notice that I didn't have a question mark?..

As if they are going to watch anyway...

So I usually say "Do you like people watching you for 3 hours straight while you are trying to work?"

They usually say "No, I hate it when people watch me work"...

So I say.. "So do I".

When customers ask to watch I never say no, but I'm to the point of saying yes, but the installation will take longer and I will make mistakes...your choice.  Thats the truth though, nothing worse than a custy coming out as I'm peeling film to install. Ive also cut my hand twice from people talking to me.

Allowing a customer to watch or be in the installation area for us is an absolute no.  We just tell them it is a liability having them in the area.  All they are going to do is talk you to death or ask questions which will slow down the process.  Even if they do manage to stay quiet, I absolutely hate people watching me while I work or looking over my shoulder.  Almost always they understand, but did tell a customer that kept peeking in the installation area once that if he did it again we would be pulling off the film and backing his car out for him.  He stayed up front after that.

Archived