What would be the best squeegee for SunTek PPF-C

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've tried, black, green, yellow and I still get bubbles. I hate that ish!! I wish I could get that part down, I mean I know I put enough pressure on the damn thing. But the green has worked the best and a cut down yellow for smaller parts. Then there's the yellow chizler I use for edges. Seems those disappear the fastest as some one keeps taking one every time I do a job.

I've tried, black, green, yellow and I still get bubbles. I hate that ish!! I wish I could get that part down, I mean I know I put enough pressure on the damn thing. But the green has worked the best and a cut down yellow for smaller parts. Then there's the yellow chizler I use for edges. Seems those disappear the fastest as some one keeps taking one every time I do a job.

waxworkz,

Funny you should say "I've tried, black, green, yellow and I still get bubbles. I hate that ish!! I wish I could get that part down"

I'm no pro. Here is what I found with all the sample pieces I've put down. I've tried different ratios of shampoo and water, different squeegee's ( black, yellow, red, and green) and I was still getting very small bubbles even though I was applying a fair amount of pressure and overlapping my strokes. It was frustrating like you mention. So, I decided to adjust my alcohol ratio and how I was using it. I now use very little alcohol a water on the install. This for me has worked great. I can get installs now with no bubbles. So for instance, I'll only use 1 oz. of 70% IPA in 32 oz. of distilled water in my spray bottle. So for a pre-cut hood, I'll tack the left side down with alcohol. I'll spray very little, and only about 1 inch from the left edge to the center. Just enough to tack it down.Then I'll go to the right side of the hood, stretch the film so my edge is lined up, and tack the same way. That's really the only time I'll use alcohol on a hood. ( I do the same for fender, bumpers, grill etc.)  Following this procedure has made my installs almost perfect. For me, once the area was sprayed with IPA, and tacked down, it was almost impossible to work out those tiny bubbles. In the begining I was spraying too much alcohol solution and the adhesive looked funky where the alcohol was sprayed when the film dried.  I hope I explained this OK. Again, I'm new to this game. Would loved to hear any tips from you Pro's. I'm always looking to learn.

waxworkz,

Funny you should say "I've tried, black, green, yellow and I still get bubbles. I hate that ish!! I wish I could get that part down"

I'm no pro. Here is what I found with all the sample pieces I've put down. I've tried different ratios of shampoo and water, different squeegee's ( black, yellow, red, and green) and I was still getting very small bubbles even though I was applying a fair amount of pressure and overlapping my strokes. It was frustrating like you mention. So, I decided to adjust my alcohol ratio and how I was using it. I now use very little alcohol a water on the install. This for me has worked great. I can get installs now with no bubbles. So for instance, I'll only use 1 oz. of 70% IPA in 32 oz. of distilled water in my spray bottle. So for a pre-cut hood, I'll tack the left side down with alcohol. I'll spray very little, and only about 1 inch from the left edge to the center. Just enough to tack it down.Then I'll go to the right side of the hood, stretch the film so my edge is lined up, and tack the same way. That's really the only time I'll use alcohol on a hood. ( I do the same for fender, bumpers, grill etc.) Following this procedure has made my installs almost perfect. For me, once the area was sprayed with IPA, and tacked down, it was almost impossible to work out those tiny bubbles. In the begining I was spraying too much alcohol solution and the adhesive looked funky where the alcohol was sprayed when the film dried. I hope I explained this OK. Again, I'm new to this game. Would loved to hear any tips from you Pro's. I'm always looking to learn.

I try not to use any alcohol on my hoods, except maybe for edges after initial lay down. If I get some fingers, so I doubt that's my issue. But I'll try the 1oz mix and see if that works better for tack. I just don't know what it is with me,i get a lot of bubbles lol

Archived