Last One To Post Wins Game #556

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like I'll ve watching the womens UF basketball team play on the 31st. My oldest is one of ten students in her entire school that was selected as a "Champion of Character" and will be recognized during the half time show. [emoji4] [emoji106]

Nice :thumb
Thank you sir. [emoji106] [emoji4]

'evening all...

Probably got about an inch or two so far.. roads are covered.. not just the side streets, but the main highway coming home was totally covered.

Their one dog is that little black chihuahua mix.. She was born in the spring I believe.. in Florida.. so this is her first snow. I opened the door to let her out to go potty - she took like 3 steps.. stopped.. and came back in. :lol2

Got a feeling she's gonna be tough.. at least until the snow stops and I shovel an area of the back yard for her. But they are now calling for 16-20".. and she stands maybe 8" high max... so she's not gonna be able to run the yard like she's used too. 

I'm glad the snow is happening during the weekend.. at least it won't mess things up too much.

There were still people out on the roads just a little bit ago, but not many. Tomorrow the winds are supposed to be 30-40MPH causing white-out conditions.. (Area is under a blizzard warning) So I don't think many people will go out unless they have to. I don't have any problems driving in the snow... Rather drive in snow then the rain tbh.  But, my friends that I'm house/dog sitting for made me food and stocked the shelves, so I have everything I need. I was considering going back to my apt to shovel half way thru... but it's a 25 min drive w/o snow... probably take me an hour to get back there. Not sure I really want to do that. I just figured it would be easier to shovel 10" twice then 20" once.

I would be very surprised if anything is opened tomorrow except for 7-11 type stores. I haven't heard any state of emergencies being declared yet... if that happens, then only police and the like are allowed on the roads. We've had a couple storms over the past bunch of years that they do that. Mainly to keep people off the roads so the plow trucks can do their job. 

The only thing I *might* consider is going over to my moms & sisters... they are about 15 min away.. but I dunno. I have all my snow gear with me here... brought that and my shovel cause I'm gonna have to shovel here as well. Ugh.. 

Archived