Last One To Post Wins Game #559

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for the long story and rant, but some people just think they get over on anyone if they lie enough.  

Keep in mind that this a guy sending his Dad to fight his battles.  

So I get a call saying (angrily)  that the windshield tint I installed is bubbling and falling off.  I tell him to bring it in and IF it is my fault I will fix it.  

He brings it in and the drivers side top corner is all bubbled up and looks like someone peeled it and tried to replace it.  After much discussion about how this can't be my fault, he FINALLY tells me that the roof and something else had just been painted.  I ask,, did they put in the oven to cure the paint?  

Same DAD calls back about 3 weeks later saying that the front 2 doors don't match the back and they were supposed to, AND that his Ventvisor fell off going down the road.  :blink    Again, I say bring it in and I will check it.  Sure enough,, nope it doesn't match.  I bring up the receipt and it says 20% all the way around.  :hmmm   Sir, he got exactly what he asked for, so again,, This isn't my fault and you will have to pay to have it fixed.   And as for the Ventvisor,  there is NO WAY this visor fell out going down the road,  It is a Weathertech In-Channel Visor and you have to bend them to point they almost break just to put them in.  AND,, the window has all sorts of external scratches on it.  It's pretty obvious he ran it through something that ripped it off the truck.  

:wall  Three strikes and your out.  Sir,, please don't come back in my shop.   Thank you and have a nice day.   :sand  

A receipt showing a illegal install? Sounds like a body shop messed up and had someone else redo the front doors. 

Nope,  it was still my film.  I did exactly what the kid wanted.  This is just some kid trying to get his Dad to fight his battles, when he knows he's wrong.  

I remember somebody telling a story up here once, kid comes into a shop to get his Mercedes tinted. He says he doesn't want the back glass done because it would look dumb. Guy did it and the dad I believe came in a few days later and wanted to know why out wasn't tinted. Can't remember who posted it, it's been a while.

I had a kid quite a few years ago get a ticket for illegal tint.  He told his Dad that we put the wrong film on his car  :nono  That didn't happen.  

He came in with his girlfriend and Dad and let his Dad yell at us for about 45 minutes, the whole time he's sitting there not saying anything, and his girlfriend is repeatedly apologizing for us having to deal with this.  

I saw him at another store a few days later and he tried to apologize to me, saying that he did lie because he didn't want to get in trouble with his Dad and possible lose his car. He didn't want to tell his Dad that he told us to do illegal film in the first place. 

Some people have no backbone.  

Archived