Last One To Post Wins Game #559

One time we had a guy call us about an hour after he left talking about his car feels like the wheels are about to come off.  We tinted his car only and it was something like a 90's Buick LeSabre.  We asked him what he meant by saying his wheels feel like they are coming off.  He says the car is vibrating bad and wobbling.  Of coarse we asked how does that have anything to do with window tint.  He said he saw the installer fly around the corner with his car.  We explained we do not drive customer cars like that and that there are speed bumps there to prevent anyone from driving too fast.  He then just hung up.   :lol

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a kid quite a few years ago get a ticket for illegal tint.  He told his Dad that we put the wrong film on his car   :nono  That didn't happen.  

He came in with his girlfriend and Dad and let his Dad yell at us for about 45 minutes, the whole time he's sitting there not saying anything, and his girlfriend is repeatedly apologizing for us having to deal with this.  

I saw him at another store a few days later and he tried to apologize to me, saying that he did lie because he didn't want to get in trouble with his Dad and possible lose his car. He didn't want to tell his Dad that he told us to do illegal film in the first place. 

Some people have no backbone.  

Sounds like another reason to keep things legal to me. I know, there is another topic for that ain't there. 

I wanted to ask the guy did you see several sport cars in the parking lot and tell him those are mostly ours.  So why the hell would we drive your crap car hard...it wasn't even in good condition.

Got a another one, we did 2 front doors on an older truck couple of years ago.  The guy calls back 1-2 days later and says that we damaged his satellite radio.  We ask what happened and why do you think we damaged it.  He says that it main brain was in the glove box and that he found it flooded with a "window tint solution".  We explain to him that absolutely no water would be inside the truck because we only tinted the front doors.  When we tint them, the doors are completely open and we remain on the outside of the vehicle.  In fact the only time we were inside your truck was to drive it to the back and to the front.  He still insisted that he found a puddle of "window tint solution" in the glove box and that we are responsible for replacing his damage satellite radio.  We told him good luck and hung up.

Sounds like another reason to keep things legal to me. I know, there is another topic for that ain't there. 

I think there is also an emoji for it....  something to do with a horse and a bat,  I  think   :eyetwitch  

:lol

Not shocked since so many people think tint is on the outside.  I had a car audio rep in the store the other day and he has a shop that had a funny story.  A customer was there and saw them tinting a vehicle.  The customer walked up to the installer to tell him it was cool watching him cut/shrink the film.  He said he was interested in it, but wanted to know how much is it if he wanted the film to go on the inside.   :lol

That's crazy... all those stories. It amazes me what people try to pull over on businesses. :krazy

I think the worst part for me is having to be mean/rude and asking these people not to come back.  I REALLY DON'T like being that way.  

Archived