Please Help

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there is should be no reason way an installer would overlook that and not mention it to you givin its location unless they are guilty and their fears got the best of them.

My guess is I believe the installers heat gun got too close and actually touched the panel causing it to melt.

:yeah I'm sorry to be the devil's advocate here too, but, that IS heat gun damage from a misdirected heat gun. Ask the responsible party to simply 'man up'.

I agree guys ive seen it gone I don't believe the tip of the heat gun touched the p[anel but I believe the heat gun heat did melt the panel it reflects heat if glass and film especially on vw and audis ive seen it heappen just like that ,

Its been mentioned that because of the location of the damage that a heatgun was unlikely the cause. I totally disagree. I "believe" the installer may have pulled your panels. Doing this leaves more than enough space for the heat gun to get the angle that damaged your panel.

Take a look at the panel I pulled today and see for yourself.

post-37617-0-66168400-1454373652_thumb.j

If he pulled the panel why would he need the heat gun?

Well as you may know I almost always pull the seals or panels. Just because you pull a panel doesn't mean you won't have fingers pop up. I still get fingers pop up once in awhile with the panels off and yes at times I'll heat from the inside. Takes a second of heat from the inside as opposed to 5-10 seconds on the outside.

Yeah I do the same. Like you said though only takes a second on the inside. That's enough time to do that amount of damage? Well I guess maybe if the guy had the gun ribbing looking enough to get hot then rested it on there.

That is definitely a heat gun melt with a blackout pen cover up. I have personally done the same mistake. And did the exact same cover up.

I hope you get this straightend out. Good luck. :unsure:

:yeah

:lol2

Archived