White specs in paint protection after drying???

Use a pressure washer or air compressor in the gaps between body panels before applying film.  A lot of the stuff that doesn't rinse away in a typical car wash finds a way underneath the film once install solutions are introduced.

...Its definitely from me...

It might just be. I once had a similar issue tinting, little white globs, not dust.

It turned out my underarm antiperspirant was flaking, sometimes when I reached out a couple of flakes would fall. It looked just like that. :dunno

It might just be. I once had a similar issue tinting, little white globs, not dust.

It turned out my underarm antiperspirant was flaking, sometimes when I reached out a couple of flakes would fall. It looked just like that. :dunno

Whoa, that's crazy I never would have thought of that. Might have to see if that's the issue

:lol :lol   Use deodorant instead!!

I have had the same issue with small white specks. I guess I can work hippie style no deodorant and see if that solves the problem. What brand film are you using? I am thinking it might be pieces of the liner that comes loose when peeling the liner off. a few things I have changed has helped, I got a piece of glass to put on my cutting table, new spray bottles and I wipe the edges of the film before peeling the liner.

I have had the same issue with small white specks. I guess I can work hippie style no deodorant and see if that solves the problem. What brand film are you using? I am thinking it might be pieces of the liner that comes loose when peeling the liner off. a few things I have changed has helped, I got a piece of glass to put on my cutting table, new spray bottles and I wipe the edges of the film before peeling the liner.

We use xpel ultimate, I did the hood piece and it turned out better. I got the floor soaked and wiped the liner and film off before rolling it up ended up with a few specs but minor stuff

your going to need to find a new way to release the film from the liner. Don't assume the backing as you pull it off the roll is clean. As its unrolled and re rolled its generating static and pulling dust. If you look closely at the liner strait from the box there is dust on it in one fashion or another. 

When your bankrolling the film to get the panels off, the backing is coming in contact with the body panel and transferring the dust. Its small enough that its probably hidden by the remaining water under the film, and once dries, its like little stars. 

your going to need to find a new way to release the film from the liner. Don't assume the backing as you pull it off the roll is clean. As its unrolled and re rolled its generating static and pulling dust. If you look closely at the liner strait from the box there is dust on it in one fashion or another.

When your bankrolling the film to get the panels off, the backing is coming in contact with the body panel and transferring the dust. Its small enough that its probably hidden by the remaining water under the film, and once dries, its like little stars.

Amen. Think of bacterial cross contamination in foodservice. It's sometimes that finicky.

Archived