How much time installing a bg?

So I've been tinting for about a year now and I feel like I spend way too much time trying to push out all the water on the bg. I make a few passes on each line either using my blue max bulldozer Titan etc. until I see that silvering around all edges of the grit line. Sometimes ripples of water will pop up near the bottom so I end up having to run the bulldozer over it again. Am I doing too much? I've seen some tinted make one or two passes on a bg and call it a day. What are your methods for pushing water out the bg? Any help would be appreciated.

I do use a lint free napkin to soak up water along the edges but I sometimes I notice ripples creeping back after 5-10 min. Is it ok to let it go as it or should I still spend the time pushing the water out? I have let a few cars go with the silvering not showing up on the bottom frit line; is this ok? Will it eventually even out?

if you have fingers after install- Your not shrinking enough, You do a wet check ? prior to install right ?

if all ok as above, bit of heat outside and a paper towel and hard card = Bully the finger

Limp Wrist ??? put some pressure on your strokes, yellow squeegee  or Blue max,

normally as above , 2-3 passes and all good :D

I do use a lint free napkin to soak up water along the edges but I sometimes I notice ripples creeping back after 5-10 min. Is it ok to let it go as it or should I still spend the time pushing the water out? I have let a few cars go with the silvering not showing up on the bottom frit line; is this ok? Will it eventually even out?

Some films will dry out fine with a few ripples, others won't. Best to just make sure to get it all. Sometimes a bit of heat, a wad of pt stuffed into the bottom, or wrap the end of bulldozer with pt to soak up water. Just have to be careful with the bulldozer as you can lose the pt down there and wet pt rips quite easily when you try to fish it out.

maybe less slip ? fine line with slip cause you still need to slide it enough.

leave it 10 mins then inspect and any area that sit up apply some heat to outside of glass then carefully squeegee with whatever tool can reach that area

Archived