Tesla Model X Windshield

Carbiz

Hello Professionals.

Has anyone installed Crystalline window tint on the new Model X huge windshield? Have one in the shop and this windshield is huge and odd shaped.

Edited by Carbiz

No I haven't. We only install Llumar. Worked on one the other day and was supposed to do the windshield as well. Decided to hold off until I can figure out how to remove the review mirror. Going to reach out to Tesla Distribution Center. Im hoping since I do all of their tinting for them, they'll give me some guidance. Once I hear back from them, I'll post my results. If anyone has any insight, I would love for you to share. Thanks in advance! 

We spent about $600 - $700 in 60" Crystalline 70 and 6-7 hrs to shape it.  We almost had it but almost don't cut it.  It is a difficult windshield to shape using any film you use.....just imagine spending all that time shaping it and got a crease during install. If you guy can do this windshield with Crystalline in one piece....I say charge your customer a premium price because you deserve it. Not a lot of installer or shop have the advance skill, money or time to try it. I gave up on this windshield....If Reckless want to come to Houston....I will line up model X for Crystalline windshield installed.

5 hours ago, DynamicAppearance said:

We haven't gotten a shot at it yet, but hopefully we can try it.  We do 2-6 Tesla S's per month, but not one X.  Not sure if Reckless actually tinted the windshield or not since they have a bunch of installers.

Nope not Reckless it was my other tinter that did it. We pull the mirror, easy to remove but you better have emblem adhesive to put that long wire cover back on as adding tape will show. Takes all day to shrink and install and not easy at all so really not worth it either LOL. We charge over 1K for the windshield but think we have it down just not a lot of takers at that price.