Tesla Model X Windshield

Carbiz

Got my first Model X windshield in this morning. Film is Xpel Ceramic 80%. Got the 1 piece shrink on the first attempt. Now lets pray it installs well. Thinking of reverse roll from the bottom up. Not sure yet. 

image.jpg

Nice! I swear u can get Xpel to shrink on anything,  I've done 3 now, but it seems like I always have an issue on the way inside, I did the reverse roll thing too, that I really screwed up.  I think I'll be getting help to get it inside the car from now on.  The last one I had 2 tinters help carry in and it came out nice, we basically folded it like a taco , then unfolded and layed once we were inside, Also taking the mirror and camera off makes the inside much easier 

Edited by Super Dave
Spelling

10 hours ago, Super Dave said:

Quick question for you guys that have done these in 1 piece,  will 60 inch film get it? Seemed risky so I special ordered 72 in

I used a 72". I liked having the extra film at the top to pull on. Ended up reverse rolling it from the bottom up. I had 2 of use roll it on. It went in pretty well. 

Got my first Model X windshield in this morning. Film is Xpel Ceramic 80%. Got the 1 piece shrink on the first attempt. Now lets pray it installs well. Thinking of reverse roll from the bottom up. Not sure yet. 
image.jpg.d86942d870bdfb0bc42b650898e8147d.jpg
Did you remove the mirror and if so how do you do it?