Finding Online Vendors for DiY?

Hey recently i've been interested in getting my windows tinted.Since i have experience with Car wrapping and vinyl i figured i would just do it myself and learn the skill.

However the only supplier i've been able to find is tintcenter and they dont carry Llumar  or FormulaOne.Is there anything im missing, is there any known vendors for these online(I couldnt find lumar ctx on ebay either)

Tintcenter does however carry solargard HP supreme, should i just stop wasting hours and hours trying to find someone who sells llumar online?

The only other sellers i find are china crap and im just not going to even consider that stuff..

Hey recently i've been interested in getting my windows tinted.Since i have experience with Car wrapping and vinyl i figured i would just do it myself and learn the skill.

However the only supplier i've been able to find is tintcenter and they dont carry Llumar  or FormulaOne.Is there anything im missing, is there any known vendors for these online(I couldnt find lumar ctx on ebay either)

Tintcenter does however carry solargard HP supreme, should i just stop wasting hours and hours trying to find someone who sells llumar online?

The only other sellers i find are china crap and im just not going to even consider that stuff..

Hi there and welcome..

As a professional window film installer, I have great respect as to how much effort Llumar goes to in stopping their products from being sold off via Ebay and other non distributors. They are trying to protect those who make a living from the industry.

If you are wanting to get a professional result, then I would recommend a professional do the job. Or if you are wanting to use Formula1, it may cost you less to have it done at a shop and you would also get a full warranty.

If you have enough skill to tint a car to a professional standard on your first attempt then I will eat my shorts with ketchup and Garlic aioli.

I would suggest you would get a good film at a good price via Express Window Films or SolarFX who are great sponsors of this forum.

Good luck and all the best.

Hi there and welcome..

As a professional window film installer, I have great respect as to how much effort Llumar goes to in stopping their products from being sold off via Ebay and other non distributors. They are trying to protect those who make a living from the industry.

If you are wanting to get a professional result, then I would recommend a professional do the job. Or if you are wanting to use Formula1, it may cost you less to have it done at a shop and you would also get a full warranty.

If you have enough skill to tint a car to a professional standard on your first attempt then I will eat my shorts with ketchup and Garlic aioli.

I would suggest you would get a good film at a good price via Express Window Films or SolarFX who are great sponsors of this forum.

Good luck and all the best.

I ended up buying from Global since their website was easier for me to navigate and i was under the impression they were similair to express.

I'll take some pictures of the whole process, i'm fairly confident that i'll be able to get a more than acceptable minimum of quality out of it.Of course i might have to redo the first window or so when im learning how the material works but thats something i expect.

I wouldnt be so confident, but after wrapping cars and working with vinyl that can be wet applied in a similair fashion to window tint i already have half of the knowledge for the job.

However we'll see, professionals always make things look easy and thats what professionals do.

I'll be back with pictures once i get it done next weekend.

... i'm fairly confident that i'll be able to get a more than acceptable minimum of quality out of it.Of course i might have to redo the first window or so when im learning how the material works but thats something i expect.

:lol It's great that you are so confident.

Hopefully you will come away from this experience with a new appreciation for professional installers and not too much damage to your car.

... i'm fairly confident that i'll be able to get a more than acceptable minimum of quality out of it.Of course i might have to redo the first window or so when im learning how the material works but thats something i expect.

:lol It's great that you are so confident.

Hopefully you will come away from this experience with a new appreciation for professional installers and not too much damage to your car.

:yeah

I'm just a little curious on what vehicle you're going to be practicing on

Archived