TINTERS ARE LIKE HAIRDRESSERS LOTS OF BAGGAGE

I FINALLY GOT A TINTER THAT DOES NOT COMPLAIN OR WHINE. HE DOES AWESOME WORK AND IS ON TIME.  MOST TINTERS SEEM TO THINK THEY ARE GOD'S GIFT TO SHOPS. THEY THINK THAT IF YOU GET RID OF THEM YOUR BUSINESS WILL FALL APART, IT IS USUALLY JUST THE OPPOSITE. SOME TINTERS BEFORE THEY HAVE EVEN PROVEN THEMSELVES TO YOU START DEMANDING THAT YOU MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR SHOP TO MAKE THEM HAPPY. THEY SEEM TO HAVE IT BACKWARDS ON THIS MATTER. MOST TINTERS WANT YOU UPHOLD YOUR PART OF THE AGREEMANT BUT DO NOT HOLD UP THEIR END OF IT BECAUSE THEY ARE AFTER ALL YOUR BUSINESSES SAVIOR. THEY DO NOT SEEM TO REALIZE THAT IT IS YOUR SHOP AND YOUR RULES. YOU ARE THE ONE THAT HAS PUT THEIR TIME AND MONEY INTO IT NOT THEM.

IF YOU HAVE TINTER GETTING AN ATTITUDE START CUTTING SOME OF THEIR WORK AND DO IT YOURSELF AND SHOW THEM THAT YOU CAN MAKE WITHOUT THEM.

IF THEY TELL THAT THEY CAN GO ANYWHERE AND TINT TELL THEM OK IF THATS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO. WHEN YOU DO THAT YOU TAKE AWAY THEIR POWER AND MAYBEMAKE THEM THINK THAT THEY SHOULD TRY TO GET ALONG.

SO TO ALL YOU ROVING TINTERS REMEMBER THAT THOSE OF WITH TINT SHOPS MADE BEFORE YOU CAME ALONG AND WE WIL  MAKE AFTER YOUR GONE BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT THAT SPECIAL.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a tinter who in his early days worked in a few ( not many ) shops where I was a employee, I can say this, I was always on time and did my absolute best I could every day. I learned one way to tint and was comfortable doing it that way. Changing my routine would inevitably cause some sort of "problem" and I would rather not make adjustments to my system to address a shop owners wishes. That said, once I had explained what I liked and did not like, and proved my abilities, both shop owners happily made shop modifications to suit my needs. Shop owners need to realise that they hire employees they do not buy them. Give and take on both sides goes a long way. From a installers point of view, ..we hate doing things twice. In most cases we are on commission or base plus bonus. When we spend time prepping a piece of film and go to hang it.. Then a detail guy fires up a wool buffer... That can make the best of tinters go postal. .. IMO.. You need to chill and hear out your potential hires. If their wants are a simple fix, you will both benefit.

Archived