Nano-Fusion vs Xpel vs Suntech

Try this again.

Just getting into this, and I've always had confidence in 3M products.  But not anymore with Scotchgard after reading a little around here.  My impression is that Suntech is clearer, but the fact is that Xpel has the long warranty.

Then again, alot of ppl here seem to really like Avery, at least for wraps.  Has anyone worked with Nano-Fusion?  Lifetime warranty, I mean come on...

Clarity and permanence are my goals.

Being that wraps are a very different product with a different composition (and sold through different divisions), it's hard to make a correlation between vinyl and ppf within the same company.

Nano Fusion was sold to CCL, so Avery is no longer in the PPF business.

As far a clarity is concerned, most products available these days are fairly close to one another.  Someone that does paint correction for a living may notice, but most of them are clear enough that the general public will see them as "within a few percentage points" of each other.

Permanence is something that has to be looked at in a few ways:  impact resistance, thickness, resistance to discoloration, resistance to chemicals, hazing resistance, length of warranty, actual level of support regarding warranties, adhesive qualities, etc.  Again, I'd say that the top 2-3 films aren't terribly different in this arena, but it should certainly be kept in mind that the film that looks the best when fist installed may not be the one that looks the best 24-36 months down the road.

Some installers carry multiple films and will tell their customers the benefits of each, "brand A has slightly better clarity, whereas brand B is thicker/more durable/has a longer warranty," and let the customer decide.  Sometimes this even comes down to the color of the car or the difficulty.  However, the better you get at the installation skillset, the less limited you are in your film selection, and the less you have to factor in car color or degree of difficulty. 

The long and the short of it is, you have a few good options with film, but you should think beyond the bas product and consider what you want as a whole from your film company.  Support, marketing, referrals, software, training, business consulting, and shipping points, are all things to consider that have a real impact on your business.

Edited by XPEL Jeff

Warranties are irrelevant customers need to read carefully what they cover and more importantly what they don't.

A quality longstanding install shop will likely give a more extensive warranty than any film manufacturer.

Over 14 years I have yet to see any manufacturer warranty that means anything worthwhile to a consumer.

From the installer end many manufacturers will support there key vendors otherwise they can be hit and miss (whatever is claimed)

Here's a list of your posts:

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&search_app=forums&mid=27327&sid=f1934571fe45754836ff412e175eba45&search_app_filters[forums][searchInKey]=&userMode=content

You can find your own posts by clicking on your own name, to the right of the page is a button that says "Find Content", then to the left of the page, chose "Only Posts" or "Only Topics" etc.

Wow I posted earlier and now my post is gone??

Nope, no one has deleted anything, are you sure it's not another thread?

No sir I'm sure it was this one. It's cool, nothing I can't repost.

Why would I delete your post?  I have proven to you that nothing has been deleted from this thread, even gave you a link to a list of your own posts.