Nano-Fusion vs Xpel vs Suntech

Here is my other thread:

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php/topic/83410-brushed-steel/

Since we're so off course and I'm obviously not going to get any help, on my first thread I made an off-hand remark about PPF before my wrap question, and these dopes thought I was confusing PPF with wrap. No, if you read my posting history here you'll find I have a pretty good knowledge of these things, apparently better than anyone here since no one knows the answers to my questions I just didn't know that there was a wrap-specific forum where I should have put the thread.

Well then, being as you know so much, doesn't that make your question a bit redundant? I mean you should know what you don't know correct? I did view your post history, now I am confident that I also know what you don't know.... But then again, what do I know I'm only a "dope" that helped forge an industry... and people wonder why those of us that have been in the industry so long and built successful thriving companies, don't help on forums as much as we used to...

That sucks for those of us who "don't know everything" and ask for help. Honestly rob has been very helpful to me in the past!

Here is my other thread:

Since we're so off course and I'm obviously not going to get any help, on my first thread I made an off-hand remark about PPF before my wrap question, and these dopes thought I was confusing PPF with wrap.  No, if you read my posting history here you'll find I have a pretty good knowledge of these things, apparently better than anyone here since no one knows the answers to my questions   I just didn't know that there was a wrap-specific forum where I should have put the thread.

I knew there was a wrap specific forum and I don't even do wraps, you don't kick someone in the nuts and then ask for help. IMO

Steve

Here is my other thread:

Since we're so off course and I'm obviously not going to get any help, on my first thread I made an off-hand remark about PPF before my wrap question, and these dopes thought I was confusing PPF with wrap. No, if you read my posting history here you'll find I have a pretty good knowledge of these things, apparently better than anyone here since no one knows the answers to my questions I just didn't know that there was a wrap-specific forum where I should have put the thread.

I knew there was a wrap specific forum and I don't even do wraps, you don't kick someone in the nuts and then ask for help. IMO

Steve

I don't want to hurt your feelings or anything, but I recently responded to your other thread. Although I figured out what you meant with your question, it did start off sounding like you were using your concern about recent 3M PPF to question the 3M line of 1080 films.

For the record, the 1080 films are just fine, and you are right, application is dry.

Children, behave.  I'm lookin for your experience & knowledge of PPFs  (isn't it amusing how we adults, professionals no less, can sometimes get into juvenile squabbles?  My life goal is senility, an irresponsibly playful second childhood).

Gettin back on topic, do I understand correctly that installers offer guarantees which may be better than manufacturers' guarantees?

The latest PPFs do not discolor when maintained with Speed (CMA?) spray?

Thanks, 

Doug

On 9/28/2018 at 12:52 PM, Doug said:

Children, behave.  I'm lookin for your experience & knowledge of PPFs  (isn't it amusing how we adults, professionals no less, can sometimes get into juvenile squabbles?  My life goal is senility, an irresponsibly playful second childhood).

Gettin back on topic, do I understand correctly that installers offer guarantees which may be better than manufacturers' guarantees?

The latest PPFs do not discolor when maintained with Speed (CMA?) spray?

Thanks, 

Doug

Any film CAN turn yellow, but any of the companies that I am familiar with will cover that under their warranty (make sure they pay labor to the installer though, otherwise you may have a tough time finding someone willing to replace it).

99% of white cars don't have an issue, but the times I do see issues usually involve film beghind the tires.  Folks will spray on tire shine a go for a drive, which splatters the film.  Being that their car was just washed, it sits on the film for days or weeks.  Repeated instances of that can cause a problem with any brand of film.