spray wd40 on olfa blades

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There does exist varying qualities of stainless steel, which include low grade SS that will corrode over time. Even on a microscopic level. If you are buying more than one 50-pak at a time it doesn't hurt to open them all and use a little WD40 or 3-in-1 oil to help maintain cutting edge quality in the long term.

Just like polyester having different grades (in quality), so goes stainless steel.

Anyone besides me break the first tip off automatically when I put a new blade in? Long ways from Japan to my knife :twocents

Old habits are hard to break but I'm pretty sure it brings good luck. Don't see how the wd40 could hurt. Seems like less oil over the last ten years.

Cheers

The 1st tip of the blade seems the best and lasts longer?

Idk,,I use light cutting pressure to not scratch the glass

And I ditch the blade with a few snap points left for a new one,,don't seem to like a shorty blade for auto film cutting but flatglass I use it to the end of blade

Archived