Windshield strip that follows the curve?

How about the windshields that have that big Cyclops thing in the middle? 2 piece window strips are fun and never really look rite? Lol

But I can save more short cutoffs of darker film for them,,sorry gotta charge more for that,lol

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i made a simple tool for this,

6' 1'x1/8' strip of steel 

small chain

turnbuckle 

drill 2 small holes at the end of steel, place 2 small eye bolts w/nuts on both sides to tighten tight.place small chain on eyes,making long enough to place a turn buckle in the middle to adjust for various curves of different windshields. i have used this for some years now,works perfect for me!

i cut top of strip on w/s, then put 5 marks on strip as guides for tool to follow.

place strip on my cutting glass mounted to the wall ,line it up then cut it out.

text me and i will send you a picture 3865610431

i made a simple tool for this,

6' 1'x1/8' strip of steel 

small chain

turnbuckle 

drill 2 small holes at the end of steel, place 2 small eye bolts w/nuts on both sides to tighten tight.place small chain on eyes,making long enough to place a turn buckle in the middle to adjust for various curves of different windshields. i have used this for some years now,works perfect for me!

i cut top of strip on w/s, then put 5 marks on strip as guides for tool to follow.

place strip on my cutting glass mounted to the wall ,line it up then cut it out.

text me and i will send you a picture 3865610431

^^^^ THIS.  Best way I have ever found of doing a curved strip by hand.

You made a complicated homemade tool that you should market and make a $$$ off of. Streamline it and sell it. I'd buy the first one.

Llumar has free plans for this ... They call it a bow guide .... Heck, I'm pretty sure it's been shared on tintdude a couple times if you search for it.

Smartie posted it June 26 2012 search ' BOW--GUIDE '

I tape measure and mark with a pen all across the windshield, compensating for curves of the glass to keep it from dipping on the sides..  Then I run a tape line across the marks and throw the tint on.  Just cut along the edge of the tape line.  Steady hand required.

Archived