Stek film

no dap? and film is too new? in 5 years hows it come off? did u do testing? ... hows it come off in 2 years? oh ur too new.... send me a pic after that? does it leave glue? hows the prep? 10 years nuthing lasts 10 years haha 5 is more like it just saying ... and stek is too new in the market ... ive done this 16 years .... so tell me a joke ... i rather buy from ebay crap

Edited by Speedytim

They seems a small trading company from Korea. I can not trust them.

It is not possible to be developed new PPF and new brand suddenly. Probably experienced ppl make a new comapny. 

Go ask their Company License of the company.

Because there are only 3 companies producing PPF in Korea. Sangbo, NDFOS, Mapro. Ask them who is STEK.

Very similar with Mapro and NDFOS products, even packing.

And check their youtube, they sell phone cases, tape, liquid, lots of unrelated products.

Who is gonna use their products? USA customers are not that stupid.

On 2/26/2017 at 6:23 AM, J.Lambert said:

They seems a small trading company from Korea. I can not trust them.

It is not possible to be developed new PPF and new brand suddenly. Probably experienced ppl make a new comapny. 

Go ask their Company License of the company.

Because there are only 3 companies producing PPF in Korea. Sangbo, NDFOS, Mapro. Ask them who is STEK.

Very similar with Mapro and NDFOS products, even packing.

And check their youtube, they sell phone cases, tape, liquid, lots of unrelated products.

Who is gonna use their products? USA customers are not that stupid.

You joined this forum just to post this?  I have seen a number of cars with STEK on them and the film seems very solid.  We aren't talking Honda that they are installing it on either.  Let me guess you work for a Suntek or Xpel shop or one of those companies directly.

13 minutes ago, PeteDin206 said:

You joined this forum just to post this?  I have seen a number of cars with STEK on them and the film seems very solid.  We aren't talking Honda that they are installing it on either.  Let me guess you work for a Suntek or Xpel shop or one of those companies directly.

I think his point is it is a new film that does not have proven longevity.  People get excited about new manufacturers because they hope this new company got it all right, but a lot of time it is the quiet opposite.  It could be a game changer or crap...only time will tell.  Personally, my vehicle would not be the test dummy.

7 hours ago, DynamicAppearance said:

I think his point is it is a new film that does not have proven longevity.  People get excited about new manufacturers because they hope this new company got it all right, but a lot of time it is the quiet opposite.  It could be a game changer or crap...only time will tell.  Personally, my vehicle would not be the test dummy.

The same could be said for any new film, Suntek have a new film out, how do we know that that will perform as you say in years to come (I am not bashing Suntek here as I love their film and to my mind at the moment is the best on the market). I have STEK on my car and it's doing a fine job. If you are not prepared to put film on you own cars whose cars do you test on? I use my car because it is used and abused on a daily basis, when it is washed it's taken through the local 'hand car wash' with all the associated chemicals and old wash mits and if the film stands up to this I am pretty confident to offer it to my customers. If you are not even willing to try these things we would still be putting helicopter tape on our cars.

Steve

Agreed.  The shop I'm working with has been testing Stek longer than most people and have had nothing but rave reviews from all of their customers.  As I stated these aren't normal clients either.  They are taking their cars on the track and are having the film applied to cars like GT3RS, 918, 911R and R8.  When I was in mapping out all the work I'm doing (tint and a few other things) a guy with a 911 GTS told me it was his 3rd car he was having redone to STek because he liked the quality better than his previous film (I didn't ask what he was coming from).  My biggest point was that post I was responding to was very targeted with no real info to back it up his claims.  I also noticed that Suntek itself just posted a similar photo of their film being installed on a phone.  Going to the Stek YouTube shows they did some film for phones which isn't surprising because the materials and process isn't that different.  I didn't see any "phone cases" like the poster called out. 

6 hours ago, minty said:

The same could be said for any new film, Suntek have a new film out, how do we know that that will perform as you say in years to come (I am not bashing Suntek here as I love their film and to my mind at the moment is the best on the market). I have STEK on my car and it's doing a fine job. If you are not prepared to put film on you own cars whose cars do you test on? I use my car because it is used and abused on a daily basis, when it is washed it's taken through the local 'hand car wash' with all the associated chemicals and old wash mits and if the film stands up to this I am pretty confident to offer it to my customers. If you are not even willing to try these things we would still be putting helicopter tape on our cars.

Steve

Same goes for the Suntek Ultra/Llumar Platinum...I wouldn't carry it or atleast wouldn't warranty it for the full 10 years until it is proven past the 5 year mark.  I don't test new products on anyone's vehicle...stick to proven products.  Yes, new products have to be tested and used by someone so we can further advance all industries...just saying I am not going to be the geniua pig.  Just to be clear, I am not saying anything against STEK or any other manufacturer.

Edited by DynamicAppearance

35 minutes ago, DynamicAppearance said:

Same goes for the Suntek Ultra/Llumar Platinum...I wouldn't carry it or atleast wouldn't warranty it for the full 10 years until it is proven past the 5 year mark.  I don't test new products on anyone's vehicle...stick to proven products.  Yes, new products have to be tested and used by someone so we can further advance all industries...just saying I am not going to be the geniua pig.  Just to be clear, I am not saying anything against STEK or any other manufacturer.

Surely that will be leaving you always 5 years behind the curve though. Going by that I would still be installing Ventureshield...

Steve