Refund?

So we had a VW Beetle come in for a tint job. We tinted the car and it came out pretty good. the back laid down nice and clean, the sides were very clean, and she left very happy. One day later she calls and complains about bubbles, so I explained the drying process to her once again, and told her to wait a week to 2 weeks for everything to dry and settle. 2 weeks pass and they come back and there are little teeny tiny specs, so we redo all of the sides and touch up the back. The back came out 8/10 for that window. no creases or anything, just tiny specs, which weren't bad at all. So 5 days pass and her bf calls and says the tint job is nowhere near perfect and all this. they want a refund. I feel they are trying to get over on us. The job was very complete, the only thing i could think of is little tiny specs on the windows, if that. we do very clean work. But most cars have some degree of contamination, we try to get perfect, but nothing is perfect. Any opinions? 

nope nothing is perfect but it is near perfect. i take a look at every single car at a parking lot and i always find debris in the glass. I would remove the film and give them a refund and save you the headache. i have given a person a refund twice and it was for very little debris and the second was the guy had ocd and i explained to him about dot matrix silvering and he said he has never seen that. Cant satisfy all .

I try and explain before the job, glass is not perfect and has imperfections and our shop and your car are not "micro chip" environments.  We do the best we can but some specs will appear when it dries out.  shops I tint in are flipping disgusting most the time.  when you go to pull a car in and it looks like its snowing from all the flying debri, I know I am screwed.  Only had to refund a few, and I appologized for not being able to make them happy.  Better then them bad mouthing me to everyone and costing me more work.

nope nothing is perfect but it is near perfect. i take a look at every single car at a parking lot and i always find debris in the glass. I would remove the film and give them a refund and save you the headache. i have given a person a refund twice and it was for very little debris and the second was the guy had ocd and i explained to him about dot matrix silvering and he said he has never seen that. Cant satisfy all .

got you, I will probably just do that and take the loss. Sucks having to do that on a freaking beetle and it came out pretty decent. Thats a bummer, there has to be a way to put wording on an invoice and have them sign it off prior to the job.

Just remember, refund only comes with removal. They can't have a free tint job, esp. if that is the feeling you have that they are trying to get... something for free.

Tell them to bring it in.. remove the film, and refund their money.

:twocents

Only refunds I've given were for the safety of the customer and sanity of myself.  That's only been maybe 2-3 in 9 years in business.  Usually I think if you can show an improvement, people are happy and will start to understand it isn't going to be perfect.  If they are awful though, give them their money back and take the tint off, they can be someone else's headache.

Archived