preferences on 3m ppf

Never used Venture myself, I started with the standard/old Scotchgard and upgraded to the Pro Series when they released it. Between those two I've stuck with the pro series, it's a little more forgiving on the install and has far less orange peel so it almost disappears when installed. The only problem I've really had with the pro series where I think the standard might have an advantage is on front bumpers and mirror caps. The pro series is really easy to overstretch and I've had a few vehicles where the film has started to lift and little fingers popped up on the edges that needed to be retouched with some heat/steam to get them to lay down or in some cases trimmed back or replaced. I also bulk install the vast majority of my ppf work and from what I've been told if you're using plotter cut patterns that it's less of a problem. My cutting software just doesn't have the best ppf patterns and bulk installs were my only option for so long that they're what I know best/am most comfortable with. 

The biggest difference will be long term durability.  VS has a dense layer of urethane as a top surface, whereas Pro has an actual top coat.

In terms of installation, they have some minor differences, but you'll be able to get either of them down as easily as any other film out there.

I used Venture for many years. Quit using it about 5 years ago or so. I feel it is a obsolete film now. IMHO it was the best in it's time, but films have come a long way since. To me a selfhealing film is a must now days.Like Jeff said, it does it's job on protecting, but it will not look as good for long in a day to day used car. In a garage queen that is meticulously cared for it will do well.

I attended a 3m class all last week working with the Scotchgard pro patterns.  Have only did a few cars before this using samples from various companies.  Really liked working with the product.  Top shelf training from a senior instructor that flew in. Unlike other companies who charge a fortune monthly fees and then cutting charges the 3m library is free. Also got a 20 percent discount on my first order so I picked up several sizes. @highplains have you tried the program¿ we did random rentals ranging from simple to more complex curves and patterns were spot on.  Very little stretching needed. New cars that have body styles more than 3 years or so old were designed for primarily Venture.  They required a little stretch but no where near bulk install. 

I am in California next week training on the Solar Gard ppf. Really enjoying sticking different stuff than tint for a change! 

Cheers

Venture is slightly stiffer than Pro series and due to a soft topcoat can easily be marked during installation. These marks may be impossible to remove.

It is an older version of ppf that newer products such as Pro series have surpassed in quality and performance.

Just looking for input on comparison using Venture verses pro series ppf. Not price but installation difficulty / quality of each.

I've been using premium shield, I actually warped a 2015 porch 911 turbo every panel on the car , last week its lifetime warranty and has a hard top coat , you can draw on it with a magic marker and it wipes right off !! Really good stuff 83cb3d1fc52ffb92c843f57562efeb91.jpgaa47e9ae53d80795b4ee9fa87bd95591.jpgfdc390793384c7e4405b8248a8f4ca86.jpg

Archived