I may have to jump ship... few questions..

Problem with Suntek is they have no dealer locator. Nobody is going to find you through the manufactures site. They also sell to anyone out of the trunk of a car. They just want to sell film it seems. I think a lot of people like it because its easy to install. I personally like stuff that is harder to install as fewer can do a great install with it ;)

Quit worrying what the other guy is doing. I know its hard to do but think about how low of a percentage it is out there that actually have clear bra on their car. More than enough work for everyone so create your market. Advertise and reach your customers that way and they will only know of you. I would also speak with your rep as maybe you have some valid concerns.

For the record I am a XPEL and 3M Pro Series shop. To me the film has to be great but so does the support for it to be in my shop. I like the Suntek film but until they have a way to produce leads its not all that great for me. I think the other films also have also gotten a lot better so the whole Suntek is the clearest, least orange peel argument doesn't fly anymore at least IMO is doesn't. I have seen it on plenty of cars and just prefer the other two brands over it.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Midtown Houston said:

The ultra from SunTek is the shit.I love that film..But I'm a 3M Dealer and only use it if customer pay for it. Suntek Ultra is a solid film....The best on the market so far.   Dealer wise....most Suntek Houston dealer sell the ppf for nothing so we can't compete.  How can a brick and motar business like us compete against a mobile or garage business operator and owner? ?.....we do really good with our brick and motar customer....but here and there we have that guy that call craigslist and get a stupid price for ppf and tint...I tell him that we can't beat it and he still want us to come closed because he is fishy about the craigslist guy...he feel we r ripping him off.:: BUT WE CANT MATCH THAT PRICE SIR...sometimes no matter what we say...they still walk...and i say WE LOST ONE AND HOW DO I KEEP THAT ONE

You don't want the type of customer anyway. we built our business off of quality. We price out those type of customers and focus on the ones that do make us money.

The other issue with the new Suntek Ultra is the price is almost the same as XPEL Ultimate.  I don't see the point of paying that much for a film that they will sell to anyone as everyone is stating as a problem.  I would rather stick with the original Suntek and offer XPEL Ultimate as the 10 year.

20 minutes ago, Tint Yoda said:

Problem with Suntek is they have no dealer locator. Nobody is going to find you through the manufactures site. They also sell to anyone out of the trunk of a car. They just want to sell film it seems. I think a lot of people like it because its easy to install. I personally like stuff that is harder to install as fewer can do a great install with it ;)

Quit worrying what the other guy is doing. I know its hard to do but think about how low of a percentage it is out there that actually have clear bra on their car. More than enough work for everyone so create your market. Advertise and reach your customers that way and they will only know of you. I would also speak with your rep as maybe you have some valid concerns.

For the record I am a XPEL and 3M Pro Series shop. To me the film has to be great but so does the support for it to be in my shop. I like the Suntek film but until they have a way to produce leads its not all that great for me. I think the other films also have also gotten a lot better so the whole Suntek is the clearest, least orange peel argument doesn't fly anymore at least IMO is doesn't. I have seen it on plenty of cars and just prefer the other two brands over it.

I agree suntek reps need to tend to their customers (which are us) and in the process use us to distribute their product, because regional managers and HR communication are horrible, but I have found a way to get my product promptly and efficiently. 

Mid Town, how is a guy in the garage (which is a fly by night) going to warranty anything? Suntek is now nationwide. 

Sorry Tint Yoda, both those brands suck as supposed to something worth installing. I have 3 24 x 100 xpel and 1 30x 100 3m for over a year because I demonstrate and abuse the film while the customer is watching, and it is always Suntek. Now I use those rolls for leaky t-tops and sunroofs so I can park them in the lot when it rains. Like I said, I don't work for them, but will not sell or promote something I don't believe in. 

I believe in two things, God and my wife, but I know a product worth purchasing and selling, believe me, I have turned down many sales people coming through my doors. 

Midtown,

You can only educate the customer so far.

I can usually tell within the first few sentences..

I want the world but don't want to pay to do it correctly..

I see it all too much anymore.

I don't want to be the cheap guy. I have built my business up and every now and then I get the 98 accord callers.

pass. for tint. old car are just  a pita to deal with. I can tint 2 new cars for the time it takes to do that one for pennies.

I let the price dictate. try to explain..until I sense im wasting my time.

costs of everything has gone up..i love the customers that thought I was too much come back because they think they got a bad job.

I am not a up seller... I give a price for what it takes to do the job correctly with quality materials. im not the 99. guy starting at, then sell them when they come in the door.

I will try the ultra..

used to use 3m scotch and venture back in the mid 90s.

did 3m fix the adhesive on the pro?

tried the first pro and wasn't impressed.

scotch is like cardboard. wasn't a fan and what I mainly used first starting out.

tech has come a long way. to the point of stepping on toes.

21 minutes ago, DynamicAppearance said:

The other issue with the new Suntek Ultra is the price is almost the same as XPEL Ultimate.  I don't see the point of paying that much for a film that they will sell to anyone as everyone is stating as a problem.  I would rather stick with the original Suntek and offer XPEL Ultimate as the 10 year.

I will send you a message. I was telling my partner yesterday that there is something that is going to shut down PPF (as far as price and durability). Only place working with it is Australia (I have 3 units  on the way), they will have a clear product in July. Right now it is all custom colors and factory colors

1 minute ago, Tinteks said:

Midtown,

You can only educate the customer so far.

I can usually tell within the first few sentences..

I want the world but don't want to pay to do it correctly..

I see it all too much anymore.

I don't want to be the cheap guy. I have built my business up and every now and then I get the 98 accord callers.

pass. for tint. old car are just  a pita to deal with. I can tint 2 new cars for the time it takes to do that one for pennies.

I let the price dictate. try to explain..until I sense im wasting my time.

costs of everything has gone up..i love the customers that thought I was too much come back because they think they got a bad job.

I am not a up seller... I give a price for what it takes to do the job correctly with quality materials. im not the 99. guy starting at, then sell them when they come in the door.

I will try the ultra..

used to use 3m scotch and venture back in the mid 90s.

did 3m fix the adhesive on the pro?

tried the first pro and wasn't impressed.

scotch is like cardboard. wasn't a fan and what I mainly used first starting out.

tech has come a long way. to the point of stepping on toes.

I started as a venture shield guy, until they filtered through my doors years later. You will really be amazed with the new stuff. Scotch was horrible. Not sure how many on here spring for new materials ( but I do them all) I have eight people I worry about, they are employees and not expendable. I can not push something that keeps everyone back tracking. We all get paid once, next time is free. The new Ultra feels and installs like vinyl. Like I said earlier, I put it on a 6,000 dollar air conditioning recovery unit to see what I could do with it.....I am satisfied. 

Just now, drtint4211 said:

I started as a venture shield guy, until they filtered through my doors years later. You will really be amazed with the new stuff. Scotch was horrible. Not sure how many on here spring for new materials ( but I do them all) I have eight people I worry about, they are employees and not expendable. I can not push something that keeps everyone back tracking. We all get paid once, next time is free. The new Ultra feels and installs like vinyl. Like I said earlier, I put it on a 6,000 dollar air conditioning recovery unit to see what I could do with it.....I am satisfied. 

Guess I should ask what you mean and how you can tell from the first few minutes with a customer, where everything is going to go? I do fine on the older cars too....actually get more, but they get the job and what they were told.

example, did a 1970 Airstream and went through the blues with this client for two week on what film and what will it do...long story short, he said it did everything I said, and is the chief financial advisor for Caldwell Reality in SC. I got a call yesterday and guess what, everyone follows their example and I was in their office early this morning and will be there next Thursday for project planning.

2 minutes ago, drtint4211 said:

I will have to give the ultra a shot.

I also remember ricochet..i remember a tint company that did all the vws at a dealer and they all failed.. business moved and renamed.

the stuff that turned brown and black with cracking. usually early 2000 cars. its funny when a customer comes in and wants me to replace. I giggle.. ill pass. haha

looking over 8 people has to be a job in itself.

I started out in a few high volume shops. drama class.

I am happy with doing my own thing. consistency and not having to replace a botched install.to some its just a job. but when you have overhead with everything in the jackpot who has time for games.

Just remembered.

I have a customer going to Europe to the bmw factory to get his car. drive around Europe and shipping it over the pond.

I ordered trakwrap for him. I should of had him order it from xpel.

why? because there is no cost for the product. its the same as listed online.

was told its just ultimate with air release holes.

I understand the money is in the install but, I probably wont be asked for it every once and a blue moon.

temporary film.

10 minutes ago, drtint4211 said:

Guess I should ask what you mean and how you can tell from the first few minutes with a customer, where everything is going to go? I do fine on the older cars too....actually get more, but they get the job and what they were told.

example, did a 1970 Airstream and went through the blues with this client for two week on what film and what will it do...long story short, he said it did everything I said, and is the chief financial advisor for Caldwell Reality in SC. I got a call yesterday and guess what, everyone follows their example and I was in their office early this morning and will be there next Thursday for project planning.

awesome on your new hookup! some people listen and some don't or get confused. sometimes its better to keep things simple and to the point.

im sure you've heard the, let me talk it over to my husband and crickets.. or a no show, no call,no loyalty. its a different world.

I prefer the guys with blank checks and want a good job and that's what they get. not the I have a bunch of buddies looking to get tint and on and on..

after awhile you get used to it.

Archived