I may have to jump ship... few questions..

i can relate to tinteks. the dodge neon type guys coming in wanting tint, then saying they have several friends wanting tint to try to get a better price for the "referral" when infact their pumping smoke. i can read a customer within a minute, two tops, of their intentions. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't had a need for a yellow turbo in years. They have changed. I take a calcium and magnesium tab every morning (my sister in-law is the say or nay for for one of the worlds largest medication manufacturer's) been taking it for over a year and I think it does something,  it is for people over 50. I had an injury years ago and was concerned about the breakdown over time. I can squeegee with the best of them. I just know later in life that bone and muscle break down. Stop putting so much pressure on your squeegee...lol

i use fusion handled tools.

14 minutes ago, Angelo said:

i can relate to tinteks. the dodge neon type guys coming in wanting tint, then saying they have several friends wanting tint to try to get a better price for the "referral" when infact their pumping smoke. i can read a customer within a minute, two tops, of their intentions. 

I got pass that I have friends scenario years ago. I am dealing with you now at this point in time.

16 minutes ago, drtint4211 said:

Haven't had a need for a yellow turbo in years. They have changed. I take a calcium and magnesium tab every morning (my sister in-law is the say or nay for for one of the worlds largest medication manufacturer's) been taking it for over a year and I think it does something,  it is for people over 50. I had an injury years ago and was concerned about the breakdown over time. I can squeegee with the best of them. I just know later in life that bone and muscle break down. Stop putting so much pressure on your squeegee...lol

i use fusion handled tools.

Maybe I should give calcium and mag to see if it helps..

your right they have changed over the years.

I have a habit of getting as much water out as I can. I don't do as many vehicles that I used to do back in the early yrs.

its mainly back windows.. im tall. so I have to lean and duck and all the weird angles im sure isn't good when you have to press to get low. also all the fun thick ass defrosters!  I also used to wrench a lot and that puts strain on things too.. my brother is a tech and he has jacked up wrists.he mostly used air tools now but sometimes you have to use a wrench.

I use fusion as well. have for 6 or so yrs. good tools.

3 minutes ago, Tinteks said:

Maybe I should give calcium and mag to see if it helps..

your right they have changed over the years.

I have a habit of getting as much water out as I can. I don't do as many vehicles that I used to do back in the early yrs.

its mainly back windows.. im tall. so I have to lean and duck and all the weird angles im sure isn't good when you have to press to get low. also all the fun thick ass defrosters!  I also used to wrench a lot and that puts strain on things too.. my brother is a tech and he has jacked up wrists.he mostly used air tools now but sometimes you have to use a wrench.

I use fusion as well. have for 6 or so yrs. good tools.

I am also an import ASI certified tech. I only impact for suspension and wheel work, not motor, prefer hand because I can feel it. I am 51 and am catching up with Stan the man (Flat Rock Stan) here on the forum. I have a couple people that still install and run their business up nort and in their late 60's, you pick your retirement age. Me, prolly never

Hi Parker, I am the President of Matrix Films and you can find us at www.premiumshield.com

I have a long history (I created the VentureShield film in the last 90's before it was sold to 3M) in the industry and can only say that we try to protect our territories, whilst offering a good range of PPF films and a broad pattern program. I can't speak for the other companies and how they choose to go to market.

If you would like a free sample, I'd be happy to arrange it. We try to help out the tintdude guys! 

It's 2017 not 2002 anymore, the demand has already grown for PPF. The days of getting $2500.00 for a nose are gone. SUPPLY and DEMAND for the big name films is now. So it does not seem odd to have dealers a block away from each other at different price points and all the shops have cars packed to door. Change your marketing and get ready to play ball. . Lets give 3M and Venture 51% of the credit

On 2017-6-10 at 6:01 AM, Angelo said:

Sure, I'll give multi car discounts but the discount is all on the last car and they can sort out who pays what themselves.

Steve

Archived