Layers of tint

Lol if you guys say so. My friends Bentley also have dark tint all around & he doesn't think its ghetto nor does he act ghetto. Just preference. I've seen Lamborghinis with dark tint also. Just preference. I like not being seen thats just me ??.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/13/2017 at 4:50 PM, Hemiking26 said:

Hey guys i want to know what the % would be if i put 5% tint with 30% over it.

Why don't u just spray paint them or sand and install sheet metal? Really....

cheers

On 7/15/2017 at 7:30 PM, Stewy said:

Yup. Ghetto is the word. I like 40% all around. 

I am a 35 or 40% guy with the class and benefits. These kids today thing the darker the better  (as well as some older people, until they see the the benefits of ceramic) and realize, darker doesn't mean better protection. I move a ton of windshields after spending 3 or 4 minutes with custy. I been doing this a long time and believe lime looks stupid on today's vehicles. Stewy gets a thumbs up from me

cheers

14 minutes ago, Stewy said:

I always tell my customers to go with 35%. But I also tell them its a personal preference. But..... When a vehicle is a black car that limo tint actually looks good.

I love the look of limo, but when it comes to them coming in and saying I got pulled over, or I can't  see out at night...I always end up with the I told you so before we put that on. Scenario, 79 beretta limo is cool, 2017 tesla, not so cool. Limo is for the kids, class is what today's film is about with the benefits. 

I alway show my truck (all backs have ceramic 4 on factory and front doors are 18, windshield is 70) they always say the back is too dark and I move a ton of 18 and 70. They ask how do you see out your rear view mirror, I tell them I don't.

cheers

On 7/17/2017 at 10:17 PM, drtint said:

Why don't u just spray paint them or sand and install sheet metal? Really....

cheers

Umm I've had the same set up on my last car for 4 years & was able to see just fine. Some people SERIOUSLY over exaggerate everything lol smh. Have heard of people even doing double 5% & still able to see while driving. If your eye sight is good & you are able to see just fine i don't see the problem.

On 7/17/2017 at 10:29 PM, Stewy said:

I always tell my customers to go with 35%. But I also tell them its a personal preference. But..... When a vehicle is a black car that limo tint actually looks good.

True because im fully aware of the risk of getting pulled over because he told me when i first got the dark set up on my last car. Im not one of those annoying trouble maker customers thats why he doesn't have a problem doing whatever set up i want (unless i was doing 5% windshield or something like that which would be very crazy lol)

This topic has been beat to death here over the years and anything we say will fall on deaf ears. That being said, it's fine and dandy that you are aware of the risk of being pulled over, and that's a risk you are willing to take.

The problem is, you are asking others to risk life and limb on your behalf as you drive a 2 ton vehicle with next to no visibility in daytime, much less in bad weather or night.

Your insurance company isn't going to take that risk. 

When you crush some kid in a sidewalk or a bike lane that you didn't see, your insurance company is going to cite the unsafe modification and null your policy. So there you are, your life and someone else's ruined because you want to look good.

Archived