Keeping the shop floor clean

I find I have to clean the shop floor at least once a month. My floors tend to get black really quickly from all the baby soap and dirt from cars. I unfortunately don't have have drainage in my shop and my shop floor has a slight grade so every time I wash the floors I have to fight the water to push it out the shop. How are you guys keeping your floors clean?

I have the same issue with my shop, the drainage. We spray a light mist of water on the floor then sweep it at the end of the every day in case we kick up any dust in the air. My floor is flat, but I don't let water touch the walls. My Daughter uses a pump sprayer filled with water and sprays as she goes along, she does quarter of the shop at a time. I don't ask why.

I got some 10ft  carpet runners with rubber backing and put them on the floor.  One on either side of the car.  The water absorbs into the carpet and keeps it contained.  I clean the mats once a week with a high pressure hose.  While it doesn't stop the water stains completely, it does help a lot.

Archived