Gasket wizard

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Tint Slayer said:

Saw a 12" stainless putty knife (excessive?), how far from the end of the blade is the best spot to bend it? Like how far down into the gasket is safe and effective? 

http://a.co/1ydgIuv 

I was thinking of a bigger blade like that would you bend it long enough to pass both gaskets???

15 minutes ago, quality tintz said:

I was thinking of a bigger blade like that would you bend it long enough to pass both gaskets???

I figure 1.25 inch flat to where you start bending, I figure I'm not going to have the film going more than 1/2" below gasket. Also, if you have access to a brake to get a sharp right angle maybe make the two 45 degree bends like on the gasket wizard, I think you'll be having the end curved if you try bending it off a table or something like that. Curve looks better anyway. 

34 minutes ago, Tint Slayer said:

I figure 1.25 inch flat to where you start bending, I figure I'm not going to have the film going more than 1/2" below gasket. Also, if you have access to a brake to get a sharp right angle maybe make the two 45 degree bends like on the gasket wizard, I think you'll be having the end curved if you try bending it off a table or something like that. Curve looks better anyway. 

Let me know how it goes when ya make one

Im new here but been tinting over 30 years. This has to be one of the silliest things used by tinters. Occasionally I will use a conquest squeegee between the gasket and the film. I never go below the gasket if its lower than the outside gasket. If you use a quality film and have it a 100% clean across the bottom the film will wear or rub throgh before it peels up or off. If you give it a place to start to peel it will, like I said 100% clean across the bottom. If you do get a small piece of trash on the bottom you can trim it out as long as its below the outside gasket.  Say what you want but I inspect my work each time I see some of it. Family and friends will let you know about it.

Maybe this is the different between a window tinter and a film applicator. It is two cars I wont touch atm new 4 door Porsche and some of 7 series BMW's. Their just not worth the time or the chance of breaking something.

Archived