Gasket wizard

I own 2 ( one for each shop) they are over 20yrs old now . Back in the day I used it often because of the style of cars before being easier to pull gaskets on the majority of vehicles like today .
Example: 1994 cavaliers and earlier. Saved a lot of bs. In panel removals on those things . When I did them for a dealership, I saved 20min per car because of that tool just on that 1 car alone so it payed for itself quite quickly.
I barely use it now but still will on say 08 -12 chev gmc front doors . I have them preset for that door and it's so fast.
Again though, now that the style has changed , I use it much less.
I personally think it's worth it - just not as much based on current style of vehicles .
Ps. If anyone has one they don't want, I'd be happy to hear your price as mine is pretty beat up over the years lol

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got them way back 1991? and really hated the bunji cord thing but they work great for so many cars except a few that i remove the seals

I had a sheet metal place make me a bunch of diff sizes=.032in stainless

I never topload any doorglass or whatever 2 stage thing some of you are talking about? LoL

I can get them made not sure what the shop will charge for a set now but they are worth every penny to not have to take stuff apart and pull seals on most doors

Kinda new learning curve using them but fast clean bottom loaded windows with hardly any fingers or shrinking necc for most doorglass

20170810_075147.jpg

28 minutes ago, DOOTINT said:

I can get them made not sure what the shop will charge for a set now but they are worth every penny to not have to take stuff apart and pull seals on most doors

Kinda new learning curve using them but fast clean bottom loaded windows with hardly any fingers or shrinking necc for most doorglass

When you have them in place I assume they're hard against the glass at some point, do they trap the water from running down the glass past the GW? I see videos with people using them, but they never talk much about them, was wondering what little things people did different when using them.

8 hours ago, no ma'am said:

:whisper just get the replacement bungee cords from 44tools. 7$ before shipping. Use em to hang Lexus/Toyota panels for bottom loading. Also subscribe for just 1 month for the door panel info. 

What's the door panel info subscription? Is it part of the purchase?

They dont hold the water solution to create headaches=fingers and extra squeeging and "if" you need some heatgun at the bottom edge from the inside you wont melt the doorpanel

Forget the bungi cord thing=that creates binding=film wont slide below easy and they come unhooked at the bottom of the door and smack you in the Nads or eyeball maybe

1 hour ago, DOOTINT said:

They make the job so easy on many doorglass and i really dont want to take apart the panel or try to tuck the film

This was a 1970 GTO Lemans with a nice frameless door glass

20170612_110801.jpg

NICE! Like the LeMans in The French Connection car chase, awesome!

3 hours ago, Tint Slayer said:

What's the door panel info subscription? Is it part of the purchase?

In the subscriber's section a few people have posted how to take apart certain door panels, there aren't very many, but a few kind folks have put some up. Probably not worth subscribing for. :) 

Archived