Gasket wizard

Another cheap option is buy a wide putty knife like below.  Heat it up and bend it 90 degrees in the middle for a L shape.  Stick it behind the gasket where you start to tuck the film and slide it across as you tuck.  One of our old tinters did this and loved it.  IMO easier to use than the gasket wizard.

71IFxuWu5vL._SY355_.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, flat rock stan said:

I still us mine pretty often.  Just watch those bungee cords coming loose and taking you out!!

I think Richard at Solar Control Films in Saint Louis has them for 85 but not sure if price has went up.

Cheers

I'm going to say that is probably an old price. Unless of course he is incorporated in Delaware, then of course he could be selling at that price. Almost all distributors are selling them for around $110. 

2 hours ago, flat rock stan said:

I still us mine pretty often.  Just watch those bungee cords coming loose and taking you out!!

I think Richard at Solar Control Films in Saint Louis has them for 85 but not sure if price has went up.

Cheers

My friend would hang gallon waters on the bungee cords probably so he didn't get knocked out haha.

6 hours ago, DynamicAppearance said:

Another cheap option is buy a wide putty knife like below.  Heat it up and bend it 90 degrees in the middle for a L shape.  Stick it behind the gasket where you start to tuck the film and slide it across as you tuck.  One of our old tinters did this and loved it.  IMO easier to use than the gasket wizard.

71IFxuWu5vL._SY355_.jpg

Seems like it would be easier less bulky 

Archived