Gasket wizard

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/16/2017 at 0:07 AM, no ma'am said:

I get that it's 110$ or so, but how much is your time and effort worth plus material? 125$ shipped sounds alright with me :dunno 

Or possibly make something simpler and better suited to my needs. I get what you're saying but right now I'm down $12, if this works for me I saved about $100. 

1 hour ago, Tint Slayer said:

So here's how it went, in the picture notice the blade that fell out of the apparently soft aluminum handle with minimal effort LoL. I'm going to check them out in the store next.

@quality tintz

Fail01.jpg

Daaaaam bend the blade still just bolt it back together don't waste it bro....drill holes and bolt it...or bend blade and just use blade but with handle will better I think

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:34 PM, Tint Slayer said:

Or possibly make something simpler and better suited to my needs. I get what you're saying but right now I'm down $12, if this works for me I saved about $100. 

I spent way less on my set, maybe $75 but that was back in the early 90's and still use today.  They last indefinitely.

16 hours ago, addicted to tint said:

I spent way less on my set, maybe $75 but that was back in the early 90's and still use today.  They last indefinitely.

Do they make the bottom load as easy as pulling a panel? No good videos out there about the GW, i see people using them in an install but they say nothing specific about the GW. Starting to think like what @no ma'am said, starting to seem worth it to just buy them, sometimes i try to reinvent the wheel.

17 hours ago, Tint Slayer said:

Do they make the bottom load as easy as pulling a panel? No good videos out there about the GW, i see people using them in an install but they say nothing specific about the GW. Starting to think like what @no ma'am said, starting to seem worth it to just buy them, sometimes i try to reinvent the wheel.

On many cars that have looser seals, if you drop the exact length of gasket wizards you need if you don't use bungees, or they can overlap if you use bungees, you can easily drop the film on the saturated with slip solution door glass and slide beneath seal of a side window that has been dropped just enough to set top edge after sliding film into place.  Obviously there are those that prefer to pull any seals they can and others that let the wizard open that space.  

It's a good option for speed/volume shops.  If you set up plotter close to peel boards, try and have a peel board on each side of car, preferably on wheels and 4' height by 8' long or close, cut all side windows and take to peel board on solid sheet - liner to glass, cut around each pre cut, spray film side with slip and sandwich both roll downs together to double shrink, after shrinking separate and place each pattern upside down in forward direction on peel boards on appropriate side of car.  You can then peel entire liner, handle film from underneath on SR coat with both open hands and slide either into gap created by seal removal or gasket wizard.  Goes a long ways toward pushing out more vehicles through repetition and time management.

Archived