Bottom loading bomb drop

28 minutes ago, Quadrunnerjake said:

So to you pro panel pullers: how the hell do you get Audi/vw gaskets out? The panels peel back so easily, then I grab the seal and they don't budge a bit

Use the hook tool and hook it on both end and wiggle...the sweep is tight on those 2 model but it will come out. You can also used your push stick to loosen the end and middle.. I personally use 2 hands and force it out but be careful if it is your first time. 

This gasket shield of my set is 28in long and just fit a big caddy door and makes it very nice to slide the film in and keeps the whole felty/dirty seals away to keep the bottom edge clean and the lower seal stays dry so water wont make a finger and i dont use the heatgun on very many doorglass other than a occasional side crease(rushing to fast?) to iron out from the inside

I dont really like the 1/2 ones and have to slide them across to feed the film because you could scratch the top of the door panel on some auto and or maybe rip the film

They make almost any honda/subaru/nissan/toyota(loose seals)and most US cars a breeze for bottom loading and no panel of seal removal

20170901_085405.jpg

Edited by DOOTINT

5 hours ago, DOOTINT said:

This gasket shield of my set is 28in long and just fit a big caddy door and makes it very nice to slide the film in and keeps the whole felty/dirty seals away to keep the bottom edge clean and the lower seal stays dry so water wont make a finger and i dont use the heatgun on very many doorglass other than a occasional side crease(rushing to fast?) to iron out from the inside

I dont really like the 1/2 ones and have to slide them across to feed the film because you could scratch the top of the door panel on some auto and or maybe rip the film

They make almost any honda/subaru/nissan/toyota(loose seals)and most US cars a breeze for bottom loading and no panel of seal removal

20170901_085405.jpg

Are the smaller ones something you can use on tight sides? A little one at the top or middle could probably push the whole glass away from contact point beyond 1/8 in. Just a thought, I think i'm going to get the gasket wizard. Those are the ones you made yourself?