Does anybody use a generator for heat gun for mobile jobs??

On 2017/8/29 at 2:41 AM, Tint Slayer said:

Note that inverter generators are quieter than regular generators, which is why those quiet 2000 watt hondas are pricey. This is the link to the one i got that is 3500watts (surges up to 4000watts), not as quiet as those 2000watt inverter hondas but for $300 you can't go wrong. It's 100 pounds and i can one man it everywhere - http://a.co/ihnt5RR 

Have you considered batteries? Watts/Volts=Amps, so if you had a 1200 watt item you wanted to run non-stop for 1 hour you would calculate 1200w/12v=100 amps draw. So if you bought a 2000watt invertor (plugs to batteries and has the ac outlet) and a 100ah battery, you'll get an hour, but any battery you're charging and discharging this way should not go below 50% charge, so you would need 2 of these at 200ah total for that one hour. Or any amount or size of batteries that equal the 200amps, but that's just for a continuous hour. If silence is key. Depends on your needs and how important silence is

If your vehicle has a 100amp alternator you can rig them to get charged while you drive.

2000watt invertor - https://www.harborfreight.com/2000-watt-continuous4000-watt-peak-power-inverter-63429.html 

Battery for 1 hour at 1200watts after being charged (you'd need 200ah and not run under 50% discharge) -  http://a.co/cDOLYWX 

I also have a 2000w power inverter bestek for my truck. So is the  "Watts/Volts=Amps" is workable for any electronic device? My inverter says the peak power can reach to 4600w. I have a 2000w blender. So is it safe for me to use it while travel? 

I started mobile since 1984 and usually have power nearby , I do carry 300 feet of cords but if there is no power ,or do not feel like running a cord I will torch the tint...I have a few torches , small medium and a large one and ...I use them to heat the bottom of the door glass on certain cars where I think the custy will get in and roll down window after I leave!

torches are faster than the heat gun . thats fo-sho