Consumer needs advice

7 hours ago, jh812 said:

Here's the 45 fxtreme that metered perfect for you. If all these numbers match up. However your glass could be darker and it may fall below the 40% mark. 50 would be the safe bet but you may be ok with the 45.

20170902_093333-756x1008.jpg

20170902_093825-756x1008.jpg

20170902_093834-756x1008.jpg

Is the 49 for the tint only?

4 hours ago, jh812 said:

Yes

Cool! Thank you. He never mentioned 45%. I hope he carries it. 

On on another note: I was told if I went illegal (35%) on the front sides, and legal on the two rear glasses, I could not have the Lifetime warranty Solar FX offers. Is this standard policy? 

1 hour ago, Jesus Freak said:

On on another note: I was told if I went illegal (35%) on the front sides, and legal on the two rear glasses, I could not have the Lifetime warranty Solar FX offers. Is this standard policy? 

From what I've seen that's pretty standard in the industry, manufacturers will only warranty film of legal vlt for a given area. I carry 3M and they're the same way, I'm sure it's to discourage the installation of darker than legal film. 

Edited by highplains

31 minutes ago, highplains said:

From what I've seen that's pretty standard in the industry, manufacturers will only warranty film of legal vlt for a given area. I carry 3M and they're the same way, I'm sure it's to discourage the installation of darker than legal film. 

That sounds fair. 

:yeah on a side note I don't believe the law is enforced heavily, if at all in your state. And as long as you don't need it to pass inspection you'll be alright. I think 25-30 net is more than acceptable as a nationwide law. Unfortunately it just doesn't work that way. :whisper I heard you bought it that way from another state. Or play dumb :dunno 

9 hours ago, Jesus Freak said:

I wouldn't be too disappointed if he doesn't. Like I said all things lined up just right there to work. If it had been one percent on anything different would've been no bueno. I have 50 percent on the windshield of my van and I believe it meters 41 42. I would ask if he happens to have the 45 in stock and if so could he meter a piece for you to see. 

16 hours ago, no ma'am said:

:yeah on a side note I don't believe the law is enforced heavily, if at all in your state. And as long as you don't need it to pass inspection you'll be alright. I think 25-30 net is more than acceptable as a nationwide law. Unfortunately it just doesn't work that way. :whisper I heard you bought it that way from another state. Or play dumb :dunno 

We have inspection stops occasionally. I know of one person who was ticketed. We have 5 days to prove it has been removed and not be fined. I'm sure his was darker than 30% on the front. As far as state inspections, last month they only checked emissions as far as I could tell. 

I'm not into real dark front windows. But on a car w/ only two side windows, I'm concerned about whether it will look tinted at all. I would do 35% on the side if I could get a warranty. That is really a priority for me, as I tend to keep cars for  a real long time.