Need Advice for choosing main film of choice

Hi all, I am getting ready to make my first real investment into a good quality film and would like to hear some feedback. I have heard nothing but good things about Express Window Films and Solar Fx. I was pretty much sold on FlexFilm but have seen several negative reviews on it, can anyone convince me otherwise?

long story short, I would like to invest in a good carbon film if anyone has suggestions. Thanks!:)

I will vouch for Express.  I've been installing it for about 2 years now and haven't had one issue.  

What's cool about their Classic Black line is you can buy it in half rolls (50').  So if this is your first real investment into good film, and you're just starting out, this will be a good option for you.  You can fill your inventory will a variety of CB shades for only a few hundred bucks.  If you like it, which I know you will.  You can reorder full rolls as needed.

Edited by Apex Tint

1 hour ago, TQtinting said:

@DynamicAppearance have you used CarbonFX from Solar or Class Black from EWF? These are the 2 I see most mentioned and I'm just looking to sell my customers the best product I can. 

We have installed 2 rolls of the CarbonFX little over a year ago.  One of them was a friend of ours and the film still looks great.  We have not used any Express/Global films.

Carbon fx and Solar fx Ceramic have been our main films for two years or so now. Both are great, especially the ceramic. Very hard to beat the  heat performance, and clarity. We beat out 3m and F1/llumar shops all the time, so much so that we've raised our prices. The carbon has a great true black color and is everything you would want in a dyed film, EXCEPT. They also have their Vintage line. Which is exactly the same as carbon, but cheaper and with a higher tser than carbon. Both lifetime warranties. They also have an awesome dual reflective flat glass line that's sure to catch on soon. I'm talkin bad..ass. Clarity, tone, tser better than llumar and 3ms 35%vlt, and neutral. Not slightly bronze like the other two. Only beef I've got is no partial roll sizes but 60" and 72". This one's for you Chris. Solar fx pretty much made our shop what it is. If they had all roll sizes in partials, we would get just about all of our film from them. Kudos guys! 

17 hours ago, Gary_tintington said:

They also have their Vintage line. Which is exactly the same as carbon, but cheaper and with a higher tser than carbon. Both lifetime warranties. 

Just keep in mind it's not lifetime color stable warranty. Spend the extra and get carbon or ultra. 

Used express for over a year. Been with SolarFX now for right at 2 years. I've almost every line available from both. Express is ok. never had any construction issues at all. It's harder to work with than the SolarFX. SolarFX has got the best adhesive and scratch coat I've ever seen!  I use now the Ultra series and the HybridFX Series. Both are phenomenal in their respected fields!  Solar is a little harder to get the hang of shrinking(takes more heat). But once you find your groove. It'll form to anything!  And creasing isn't an issue even for such a thick film and the beautiful thing is... if you do crease. Little heat and hater blade. And it will chisel right out!  I've used just about every big name film out there. And SolarFX is by far the best all around film for the money that I've personally handled.