Letting customers watch you as a selling point?

There's a shop 30 mins north from me that is known for regularly letting customers watch as he tints their vehicle. A lot of people comment on social media about how cool they thought it was because they had never seen it done before. 

Does anyone on here purposely do that? I've had people watch me tint before, I'm not fond of it, but it wasn't that bad. With as many ppl that mention it it almost seems like a selling point on his end. Kind of a way to "enhance" the experience they had and a way to win them over. 

Anyone else do this? Idk how much I would like it. Even if it did win over a die hard customer.

Edited by TQtinting

I wouldn't recommend making it a selling point! I have to tint in front of customers quite a bit ( I do a lot of high end exotic cars ) it doesn't bother me much anymore, but I have been tinting for a very long time. I have found that a lot of customers have unrealistic expectations. When they are watching, I do a lot of unnecessary things such as having to tape up or cover panels, decks, etc.  Apparently, people don't understand that window tint requires water! All that time spent prepping the car is wasted, just to make them feel better. The water could have just been wiped upon completion. You will always be stuck with some customers insisting they watch you, but I'd think twice about telling everyone it's ok. All tinters have a bad tint day every once in a while, it's not fun at all when you have to do a window 2+ times to get it the way you want, while they are watching

Oh hell no. They always wind up talking, so now half my brain has to listen and reply to you while the other half tries like hell not to burn this piece I just spent a bunch of time prepping. Oh, and don't mind if I take off your door panels do ya?

Hey, thanks for turning the ignition off for me while I tint this roll up, I had no idea I left it on. Oh, a bubble? Thanks for pointing that out to me. No, it goes on the inside.