Letting customers watch you as a selling point?

:yeah I don't need or want an audience. Especially if I'm pulling or popping the top of a panel, the newer GMs let loose a hell of a snapping noise when you pop the top. Had a salesman present when I was popping one the other day and he about shit himself, can only imagine what a customer would be like when it sounds like you're breaking shit on their new $30k-$100k vehicle. 

34 minutes ago, blackoutauto said:

Customers watching always slows me down with all the questions, standing in my path after I peel the film and I walk to the car.  I also hate it when they sit in the car when I'm working on the vehicle 

Yes sometimes they sit in car or shop smoking ten cigarettes gross spend more time holding my breath than tinting!!!!! $@"$#

See I feel the same! The one time I had a guy watch me i had to redo one of his windows a couple times because of a bad cut. So he obviously knew I had to give it a couple different tries and he was also in and out of the garage to smoke several times. It was kind of nerve racking. 

4 hours ago, flat rock stan said:

I use the my insurance won't let me let you excuse :twocents

Oh yeah I've used this one several times at my old job :lol I will have to do the same since I don't have a waiting area. 

Edited by TQtinting

5 hours ago, highplains said:

:yeah I don't need or want an audience. Especially if I'm pulling or popping the top of a panel, the newer GMs let loose a hell of a snapping noise when you pop the top. Had a salesman present when I was popping one the other day and he about shit himself, can only imagine what a customer would be like when it sounds like you're breaking shit on their new $30k-$100k vehicle. 

I use a panel popper tool and the noise is less on gm trucks 

While Ive had some customers watch and say they can tell im doing a good job and appreciare it. I dont like people watching. Most get bored quicky and dont watch.  Just have to clean when they come around so they go away.  Ive made so many mistakes, all from people watching. Cutting myself, skipping steps, and even ruined film.  I hate it when they see me flusing the bottom of rollups. Yes, i have to create a water fall down your door panel to avoid a hundred tiny bubbles. 

Edited by pbalentine