Letting customers watch you as a selling point?

9 hours ago, highplains said:

:yeah I don't need or want an audience. Especially if I'm pulling or popping the top of a panel, the newer GMs let loose a hell of a snapping noise when you pop the top. Had a salesman present when I was popping one the other day and he about shit himself, can only imagine what a customer would be like when it sounds like you're breaking shit on their new $30k-$100k vehicle. 

Hey you started pulling those seals :clap

1 minute ago, highplains said:

I've pulled seals almost from the beginning on most everything except for full size pickups, makes life a hell of a lot easier.

Yeah that's what I was referring to. I remember talking to you and you saying you didn't pull those. 

I personally would not do since as many stated, customers might freak out seeing us do something that is completely normal and doesn't affect the vehicle.  Honestly don't think it is a real selling point.  You might have 1 or 2 people come in that are "that type of person" that wants their vehicle in site, but will it boost sales?  IMO, no.  Now I wouldn't might having a viewing window where customers can see the process happening.  This means the install area needs to be immaculate.

8 minutes ago, DynamicAppearance said:

I personally would not do since as many stated, customers might freak out seeing us do something that is completely normal and doesn't affect the vehicle.  Honestly don't think it is a real selling point.  You might have 1 or 2 people come in that are "that type of person" that wants their vehicle in site, but will it boost sales?  IMO, no.  Now I wouldn't might having a viewing window where customers can see the process happening.  This means the install area needs to be immaculate.

No I don't think it would boost sales if people knew they could be in the shop while you worked. If anything it's just gonna drive you nuts. But a window too see thru wouldn't be a bad idea. They would prob just get bored and do something else eventually anyway.

12 minutes ago, TQtinting said:

No I don't think it would boost sales if people knew they could be in the shop while you worked. If anything it's just gonna drive you nuts. But a window too see thru wouldn't be a bad idea. They would prob just get bored and do something else eventually anyway.

In that case just install an intercom system so they can tell you when you're doing it wrong.