Letting customers watch you as a selling point?

14 hours ago, TintDude said:

Oh hell no. They always wind up talking, so now half my brain has to listen and reply to you while the other half tries like hell not to burn this piece I just spent a bunch of time prepping. Oh, and don't mind if I take off your door panels do ya?

Hey, thanks for turning the ignition off for me while I tint this roll up, I had no idea I left it on. Oh, a bubble? Thanks for pointing that out to me. No, it goes on the inside.

:ditto

22 hours ago, Super Dave said:

I wouldn't recommend making it a selling point! I have to tint in front of customers quite a bit ( I do a lot of high end exotic cars ) it doesn't bother me much anymore, but I have been tinting for a very long time. I have found that a lot of customers have unrealistic expectations. When they are watching, I do a lot of unnecessary things such as having to tape up or cover panels, decks, etc.  Apparently, people don't understand that window tint requires water! All that time spent prepping the car is wasted, just to make them feel better. The water could have just been wiped upon completion. You will always be stuck with some customers insisting they watch you, but I'd think twice about telling everyone it's ok. All tinters have a bad tint day every once in a while, it's not fun at all when you have to do a window 2+ times to get it the way you want, while they are watching

When you have to replace a McLaren suede panel from water stains you'll wish you had taped and covered them J.S. there are others.

like in my one vid,  figure if I keep talking, they can't.  history of film during 2 doors on a truck  LOL

other fav thing,  pop the trigger on the torch a few times and say " don't try this at home we are professionals" most walk away as the flame hits the car

had many owners/managers freak as I started to torch,  just said " this is how the big boys get it done" and they hide

did an aveo shield in a new account,  torching on the inside.  owner with no expression watching.  poked my head out and asked "this don't bother you?"   he replied "not my car"   good for a laugh.

not fond of an audience,  but try and put on a good show when i do with some spinning tools and flipping squeegees.  anyone remember tom cruise in cocktails or coyote ugly?  takes some practice but lots of fun