Do certain films allow cleaner installs [AEGIS]? I would love to here your opinions. . .

Recently i had the opportunity to use AEGIS films.. . .  i did several cars with and every install came extremely clean. . .  NO SPECS ANYWHERE. . . .  I COULD NOT FIND ANY. . . .  now i am by no means the best tinter and unfortunately i always get a spec or 2 no matter how hard i try to avoid them all. . . . but it boggled my mine how i could do nothing different but use a different film other my normal Global/ Gareware Hp and Nr 1.5 mil. . .  and it made all the difference in the world . . . so i decided to check there site out and little behold there is mention of a proprietary adhesive formula :

Our proprietary formula allows our films to adhere to the dot matrix and defrost lines better than most and reduces potential failure points.

SOURCE :http://aegisfilms.com/Automotive/high performance/

So in other words it alludes to the fact of being able to "wrap around" protrusions  lay down around them minimizing air gap. . .  to be honest i did not pay attention to dot matrix so i can not speak for the accuracy of this statement, but what i can speak for is that this same "proprietary formula " seems to be working very well for adhering between the specs and not allowing an air gap to form . . . another amazing feature of the film i noticed is that creases lines or the notorious finger creases that happen on left and right gasket seals [on door windows when you go to install the bottom piece of the film] go down with amazing ease with a little heat . . . . . I have never been able to make a 1inch crease line just disappear after its already installed with heat. . . . its like this  film loves covers all imperfections. . . 

TO SUMMARIZE. .  ..  this film allows me to achieve SUPER CLEAN installs with little effort

I know this sounds like a commercial but its NOT. . . im just a average tinter that has been tinting for several years. . . .  and am always looking for a way to make my installs come out cleaner. .. 

SO MY QUESTIONS IS FOR YOU GUYS . . . .

-what do you guys know about AEGIS, is it good quality film[besides my observations] , does it fade etc, your opinions

-Are more films able to do what this AEGIS does or is truly unique to them . . . . . or does just global/gareware suck when it comes to hiding /fixing imperfections Because with gareware/global nr and hp 1.5 no matter HOW MICROSCOPIC  the spec is when it drys it will causes a air gap around the spec , also if there is a crease line it will NOT GO DOWN , short of heating the film until it melts which most often just screws it up. . . .and if there is a crease finger in the left in right seal of a door window from the bottom instal of the film it does not like to lay with out a lot of working it heat. . . .

-should i try quick dry plus or the 1 mil window film from gareware/global[ my thinking is the stronger adhesion from qdp and or the thinner 1mil film might lay down better in these deffects]

in the mean time the global gare 1.5 nr hp films keeps me working HARD to in my never ending quest for perfection  

I

What squeegee did you use for your passes? How long did you have the vehicle after install? My initial thought is the film isn't dry enough too see the contamination, I could be wrong though. 

As for global I use it daily and have no issues with touch ups on it but I use qdp not nr.

Man, that Aegis is the worst film to remove. The adhesive when scraped leaves a thin layer and it smells so bad, that would be enough not to use it. The color doesnt match factory at all.  I point this out to customers and show them global afteward and theyre always impressed.  Check out EWF, Global or SolarFX. Aegis doesnt even compare. 

Edit:

Sorry, jumped the gun there...only read first paragraph. No film is gonna hide conatination better than another.  It does sound like moisture is hiding the contamination.  I first chisle specs down from looking from the inside, then once the vehicle is complete, i go back and look from the outside and get any remaining specs. 

Edited by pbalentine

Good question I was wondering if certain film creates more static  but I think keeping everything clean around any film is most important......i was wondering if more soap gets cleaner installs too been experimenting with two bottles one with soapy dawn for cleaning  it's been working good clean installs even on  strip and retints.....

Edited by quality tintz